Reload this Page >

Medicals in Bristol/South West area

Medicals in Bristol/South West area

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals in Bristol/South West area

Hi folks,
has anyone had medicals done in the Bristol area recently? I would appreciate any recommendations/costs and your experiences, good and bad.

Many thanks
Kev.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Re: Medicals in Bristol/South West area

Originally Posted by kevnew1
Hi folks,
has anyone had medicals done in the Bristol area recently? I would appreciate any recommendations/costs and your experiences, good and bad.

Many thanks
Kev.
Hi Kev

Please see below:

Bristol

Southville Surgery
67 Coronation Road
Southville, Avon, BS3 1AS
Telephone: 0117 9669724
Fax: 0117 9532604
Doctor(s):
Dr T D McCarthy
Dr A Semugoma
Radiology Clinic
Bristol MusculoSkeletal Imaging
Litfield House Medical Centre
1 Litfield Place
Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3LS
Telephone: 0117 973 6275 extn 210
Fax: 0117 973 6140

This is from the Immigration website

Hope this helps!

Angie
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:45 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

Many thanks
Kev.
I know that Rugbymad had his done at someplace called puteney try googling it and see what it comes up with or you could ask in his GOT IT !!!! thread, he says he is gonna pop on later afta work.

If you get some real cheap let me know mate please we should be doing our about April, and are willing to travel to get a good deal.lol
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone, just had our x rays done this afternoon at Clifton (Litchfield House) cost £50 per adult and £35 per child (under 18) plus £10 to send them straight to Southville surgery (they have to now, you can't pick them up). Having medicals next week at Southville, cost is £85 per adult £40 per child (under 15) - blood tests are extra, cost is between £20 - £57 depending on how many you need, you have one for HIV (everyone over 15 has this) plus more if you have tattoos or any thing else that needs testing.
Hope this helps
S xx
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:58 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Medicals in Bristol/South West area

hello all,home from work at last,had to go to the dentist,cracked tooth...ouch!
We used the Pultney practice in Bath,just google for it.
really nice people,very straight forward,had the xrays in bath as well.
The only thing i would recommend is that you use another carrier for your meds ie NOT royal mail.
Our meds were sent in November and have still NOT arrived,we had them resent by dhl via interparcel,again google it and they wwre there in 3 days.
The difference with the bath pratices are you can have x rays and meds same day,Bristol is cheaper but you have to wait a week or so for xrays,more time off work,travelling etc etc.
happy days...now wheres the glass of red!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:59 pm

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Litchfield House and Southville Surgery. Couldn't believe how posh Litchfield House was. Would highly recommend Dr McCarthy at Southville surgery. Only cost £50 from what I remember (no HIV test though).
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

We had our medicals done in Bristol at the Southville Surgery, Dr Semugoma did them (hope I've spelled her name right) she was lovely - very professionally friendly, fast, polite - it took under an hour for the two of us. They were also able to give us an appointment the week after we rang, which all the other places we tried could not do.
Our xrays were done in Barnstaple, which was a bit of a hike but again they could do it quickly (no appointment needed) whereas other places had a month wait for an appointment. We took them away with us and took them to the medical in Bristol.

No complaints about the service any where along the way.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:17 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
hello all,home from work at last,had to go to the dentist,cracked tooth...ouch!
We used the Pultney practice in Bath,just google for it.
really nice people,very straight forward,had the xrays in bath as well.
The only thing i would recommend is that you use another carrier for your meds ie NOT royal mail.
Our meds were sent in November and have still NOT arrived,we had them resent by dhl via interparcel,again google it and they wwre there in 3 days.
The difference with the bath pratices are you can have x rays and meds same day,Bristol is cheaper but you have to wait a week or so for xrays,more time off work,travelling etc etc.
happy days...now wheres the glass of red!

I think we will go for this one. Bath is about an hour and half from us but will be a nice day out.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:27 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Streaks
Hello everyone, just had our x rays done this afternoon at Clifton (Litchfield House) cost £50 per adult and £35 per child (under 18) plus £10 to send them straight to Southville surgery (they have to now, you can't pick them up). Having medicals next week at Southville, cost is £85 per adult £40 per child (under 15) - blood tests are extra, cost is between £20 - £57 depending on how many you need, you have one for HIV (everyone over 15 has this) plus more if you have tattoos or any thing else that needs testing.
Hope this helps
S xx
hey Streak,well done,will have to catch up soon.
I & J
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

hey Streak,well done,will have to catch up soon.
I & J
Hi Rm, I posted on yer 'got it', fantastic news, when are you thinking about going?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:57 pm
Running on the spot.

Hi Rm, I posted on yer 'got it', fantastic news, when are you thinking about going?
send me pm with yer email addy,sorry lost it again!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

send me pm with yer email addy,sorry lost it again!
- have p'm you with it
S xx
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:10 pm
Running on the spot.

- have p'm you with it
S xx
you have mail my dear
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much to you kind folk for replying, OH tells me we are going to do the Bristol option as we are in no rush.

Thanks again for the info.

Kev
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:01 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Many thanks
Kev.
dont go to yeovil, they lost my daughters meds and gave me a total headache!