Medicals

Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:35 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road
Default Medicals

Can anyone tell me that when you go for your medicals do they tell you there and then that they are Ok.

Also I suffer with high blood pressure and am on tablets for it.
It is Ok when I do a reading at home but suffer with good old "White Coat Syndrome" ie high blood pressure at doctors and hospitals, will I still be Ok as tablets are controlling it?

Hope someone can answer my question

Thanks

Caz
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Can anyone tell me that when you go for your medicals do they tell you there and then that they are Ok.

It is Ok when I do a reading at home but suffer with good old "White Coat Syndrome" ie high blood pressure at doctors and hospitals, will I still be Ok as tablets are controlling it?

Thanks

Caz
Hi,

Well the medicals have to be done by a registered doctor a list is available on the i8mmigration site but I am sure someone on here will have moe info
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:06 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Caz,

from what I have read before on these threads if your BP is out of range after taking it a few times they refer you to a cardiologist for further investigations. If you are already under a cardiologist it might be worth getting a letter from them to say that your BP is under control with your meds or something like that.

jackie x
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Hi Caz
Not sure about the general situation but the doctor who carried out our medicals was very nice, friendly and told us everything was OK on the day, he then phoned a week later to sy he had blood results and they were OK and he was sending them away.
I think the doc can give you the OK if the medication is controlling the blood pressure and he has no reason to think this is going to be a bigger problem in the next couple of years.
Hope this is helpful
Karen
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CazBeckham

Thanks

Caz

Hi

You will be fine, just get some info together from your doctor to take with you.

Forms can be downloaded from here Bottom three.