Medicals

Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals

What happens if you fail your medical for a reason that can be fixed for example High Blood Pressure, Weight etc. If you got these problems sorted out can you re do the medicals ?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by sunshine23
What happens if you fail your medical for a reason that can be fixed for example High Blood Pressure, Weight etc. If you got these problems sorted out can you re do the medicals ?

I think they just re-test you before they send them off.

I had to go back a week later to re-do one of the tests, turned out OK. Wouldn't worry they are not as bad as you think they are going to be.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I think they just re-test you before they send them off.

I had to go back a week later to re-do one of the tests, turned out OK. Wouldn't worry they are not as bad as you think they are going to be.
Thanks Wendy,

Everytime I think about the medicals my blood pressure rises
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:33 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

we are "cuddly" and passed our meds - my bmi was high 30's & hubbys was low 40's
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
we are "cuddly" and passed our meds - my bmi was high 30's & hubbys was low 40's
Did you go to the one in Huddersfield? I think that is were we are going.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy,

Everytime I think about the medicals my blood pressure rises

My hubby had blody pressure probs, the doc just said it was probably nerves. He re-did it 10 mins later and he was fine.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:38 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

yes we saw Dr (Mrs) Mason..... my hubbys BP was very high too - she got him to lie down for 10 mins & then retested it. It had come down a bit so she just told him to lose weight! He said he was just nervous! They are lovely at that surgery!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:00 pm
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
yes we saw Dr (Mrs) Mason..... my hubbys BP was very high too - she got him to lie down for 10 mins & then retested it. It had come down a bit so she just told him to lose weight! He said he was just nervous! They are lovely at that surgery!
Exactly same for me. Big bloke, not seen a doctor in the last 20 years, never had BP taken in my life, whole future hanging on this one decision... No wonder my BP was high when first taken. Chatted to doctor whilst doing eyesight, reflexes and other tests, was OK when retaken 10 mins later. Phew.

We also saw Dr Mason in Huddersfield, very nice, quick and efficient (and *much* cheaper than Manchester). Had x-rays done at BUPA hospital in Elland same day, very nice place - more like a posh hotel than a hospital.

We arranged for DHL to collect and send our results to Sydney because the £12 they charge is just for standard air mail. Didn't want to chance the results going astray and have to put myself through a repeat medical!

Now cleared by Sydney, just waiting for the nod.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I went to Huddersfield too

And I live in Bradford. Well for now anyway.