medicals

Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light
Smile medicals

What exactly is needed for the medicals. I have not got to that stage yet as I'm still waiting for my agent to approve our applications. Any info greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:39 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by macker
What exactly is needed for the medicals. I have not got to that stage yet as I'm still waiting for my agent to approve our applications. Any info greatly appreciated.
A clean bill of health is what is needed for the medicals!

You will have to give blood and urine samples and have a chest x-ray. Your weight will be checked, eyesight and hearing tested , various bits prodded depending on what sex you are! Apart from that, you will be asked a few questions relating to anything that you may have mentioned on the form.

If you have children, urine samples are only required for children over the age of 5, and blood samples and x-rays are not required until approx 11 years or older (can't remember the exact details there)

A lot of people panic about the medicals but they are actually pretty basic and nothing really to worry about.

Hope that helps.

Binbird
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=binbird]A clean bill of health is what is needed for the medicals!

Totally agree nobody was more woried than I was, sleepless nights, the end of the world etc..... and they were fine we had ours in July and were totally amazed at how non-panicking there were, we had read numerous threads on here that scared the living daylights out of us, but no problem at all a lot more laid back back than we anticipated to say the least
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Just a line to confirm what the other two posters have said.......nothing to worry about! My hubby was worried about the old cough test - never happened. Only took about 20-30 mins each.

Jo
Old Dec 9th 2005, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

The bit I found funny was reading a couple of lines from a book- think this was a sneaky test to see if your English is fluent. (Eye test was done separately)
Old Dec 9th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone. This may be a stupid question but if you fail the eye test is it a matter of being prescribed glasses!!! I've got a feeling that my eyes may not be as 50/50 as they used to be (but I've not had them checked!!!!)
Old Dec 9th 2005, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. This may be a stupid question but if you fail the eye test is it a matter of being prescribed glasses!!! I've got a feeling that my eyes may not be as 50/50 as they used to be (but I've not had them checked!!!!)

Might be worth going to opticians before you need to go for Meds. That way if they are really bad you canget it sorted.

After saying that, I forgot my glasses when I went, but passed quite easily. ( I only need them for reading and computer work though).
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Wendy c. I think I'll be fine seeing as you forgot your glasses and passed. Basically when I went for a driving license eye test I really struggled with the last line in the chart (really small letters) but I passed anyway. Maybe I should go for a test anyway as you suggested.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy c. I think I'll be fine seeing as you forgot your glasses and passed. Basically when I went for a driving license eye test I really struggled with the last line in the chart (really small letters) but I passed anyway. Maybe I should go for a test anyway as you suggested.

I couldn't read all of the last line either, but she said my eyes were fine. I wouldn't worry too much.

Good luck with them anyhow.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 7:46 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

They tested my eyes both with and without glasses recently, didn't ask them what it meant though!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
They tested my eyes both with and without glasses recently, didn't ask them what it meant though!

just confirming what everyone else has said the meds were easy peasy, my hubby had to have the cough test though which he didnt expect, but it is all worth it

toni
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone,

I'm still a good while off having medicals yet but I promise not to get stressed when the time comes!!!!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:50 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Thanks everyone,

I'm still a good while off having medicals yet but I promise not to get stressed when the time comes!!!!!!!
Its all pretty easy stuff, just to make sure you are not going to cost Oz lots of mone in medical bills, etc.

I think you are generally OK if you need glasses, have asthma, diabetic, etc, etc.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:14 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

We have our medicals on the 4th January and to be honest I am panicking about them! LOL - the bit I am worried about is the weight bit....... is there anyone that can reassure me about being quite overweight at the medicals in relation to your height? Is it definite you will get a B rating - has anyone been refused a visa if they are overweight?