Medicals!!

Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:47 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Default Medicals!!

:scared: WE HAVE GOT OUR MEDICALS COMING UP IN TWO WEEKS!! WHAT CAN WE EXPECT?? WE HAVE 3 BOYS UNDER THE AGE OF NINE. I KNOW THAT WE HAVE TO HAVE AN AIDS TEST, AN X-RAY BUT WHAT DOES THE MEDICAL INVOLVE ESPECIALLY FOR THE BOYS??

THANKS!

JAYNE
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:52 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals!!

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
:scared: WE HAVE GOT OUR MEDICALS COMING UP IN TWO WEEKS!! WHAT CAN WE EXPECT?? WE HAVE 3 BOYS UNDER THE AGE OF NINE. I KNOW THAT WE HAVE TO HAVE AN AIDS TEST, AN X-RAY BUT WHAT DOES THE MEDICAL INVOLVE ESPECIALLY FOR THE BOYS??

THANKS!

JAYNE

Hi Jayne... please don't shout!

The medicals are very straight forward. You'll (adults) have the blood test for HIV, and extra ones for Hep if you have tattoos/piercings. You'll also have a chest xray. All of you will have to provide a urine sample, under go a basic examination (eyes, ears, lungs, BP, weight etc) and thats about it. Mine was done in under an hour, that included my xray and paying! The order and exact things carried out, does vary from doctor-to-doctor. You need to be over 11 for the xray, and over 15 for the blood tests though, so your boys medical should be extremely quick and painless
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:55 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andy & jayne

THANKS!

JAYNE
I can only tell you about my experience. My son was 10 when he had his. It was very simple, basically he had to read from an eye test board then strip down to his underwear, the doctor then examined his legs, arms, ears, back and stomach and looked in his mouth and that was it, bloody easiest £150 that Dr ever made I am sure. Oh and he had to wee in a bottle and be weighed. Mine and my daughters were much the same apart from of course chest xray and aids test for me. I really fretted over these medicals and worried myself silly but when it came to having them I realised that I had worried over nothing. In fact sometimes wonder why they are not more in depth, as I could have had a number of things wrong with me apart from TB and Aids that would never have been discovered in the medical that was performed, and therefore suspect that there are currently loads of people entering Oz with as yet undiscovered health problems.
So good luck and try not to worry
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:56 pm

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Hi Jayne... please don't shout!

The medicals are very straight forward. You'll (adults) have the blood test for HIV, and extra ones for Hep if you have tattoos/piercings. You'll also have a chest xray. All of you will have to provide a urine sample, under go a basic examination (eyes, ears, lungs, BP, weight etc) and thats about it. Mine was done in under an hour, that included my xray and paying! The order and exact things carried out, does vary from doctor-to-doctor. You need to be over 11 for the xray, and over 15 for the blood tests though, so your boys medical should be extremely quick and painless

Sorry!! Did not mean to shout! Left the 'caps lock' on!

Thanks for the answer! Look forward to it! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Jayne
Old Mar 29th 2005, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
I can only tell you about my experience. My son was 10 when he had his. It was very simple, basically he had to read from an eye test board then strip down to his underwear, the doctor then examined his legs, arms, ears, back and stomach and looked in his mouth and that was it, bloody easiest £150 that Dr ever made I am sure. Oh and he had to wee in a bottle and be weighed. Mine and my daughters were much the same apart from of course chest xray and aids test for me. I really fretted over these medicals and worried myself silly but when it came to having them I realised that I had worried over nothing. In fact sometimes wonder why they are not more in depth, as I could have had a number of things wrong with me apart from TB and Aids that would never have been discovered in the medical that was performed, and therefore suspect that there are currently loads of people entering Oz with as yet undiscovered health problems.
So good luck and try not to worry
Thanks Sharon! Theres alot to be said about emailing after a bottle of wine!! Sorry left the 'caps lock' on!

You are obviously out there now. How long after the medicals did you get the visa??

Jayne