medicals

Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

amandat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Are your circumstances in any way "unusual"........what sort of visa are you going for ? If you need trades recognition, have family issues (adopted kids, divorced with kids, etc etc), work issues than an agent may be worth the cost.

If your're circumstances are straightforward an agent is an expensive luxury.
I've done it all myself, have now been asked to send meds and police checks so hopefully nearly there.

If you can fill out a passport form you can fill out an Oz immigration form.

Getting any skills assessed first of all is the hardest bit as I see it.

Good luck anyhow and welcome.
Hi
We are not sure what visa if any will get us in. My husband is a Senior Sales and marketing manager with 7 years experience but no qualifications in that field, he is a plumber by trade but thats not his chosen path. So as we are not sure we thought we would go through an agent. We have filled in a few on line forms and they all say we can get in under a skilled visa but we are still unsure we dont want to mess up and would like to know fairly quickly to see if we are just wasting our time, dont want to get our hopes up too much just in case.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amandat
Hi
We are not sure what visa if any will get us in. My husband is a Senior Sales and marketing manager with 7 years experience but no qualifications in that field, he is a plumber by trade but thats not his chosen path. So as we are not sure we thought we would go through an agent. We have filled in a few on line forms and they all say we can get in under a skilled visa but we are still unsure we dont want to mess up and would like to know fairly quickly to see if we are just wasting our time, dont want to get our hopes up too much just in case.
Agent sounds wise in your case..........Oz needs plumbers I hear....but you need that trade to be recocgnised and probably a file full of certificates to prove you can change a tap......

Goodluck.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
Agent sounds wise in your case..........Oz needs plumbers I hear....but you need that trade to be recocgnised and probably a file full of certificates to prove you can change a tap......

Goodluck.
Hi
You also need to be doing that job now and hes not otherwise I dont think moving would be a problem.
Many thanks
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:18 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: medicals

Thanks for the info we could pop up for the day have to speak to hubby first see if its possible to farm the kids out, we live in plymouth so it would be a long haul but worth it no doubt. Thanks again
Lovely - I hope to meet you then.... the general plan is to wear your BE Avatar as a badge so we can all easily recognise each other!

I am journeying down from Yorkshire, and I know there are people from the North East, Birmingham and the like so I guess we are either all up for the Aussie move completely (to endure such a horrid drive to London) or we are all completely bonkers!

My hubby, son & I are going to attend on the Sunday.

If you want to swap mobile numbers let me know!

BTW: the website for the Expo is http://www.expo-australia.com/

Claire
xx
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Lovely - I hope to meet you then.... the general plan is to wear your BE Avatar as a badge so we can all easily recognise each other!

I am journeying down from Yorkshire, and I know there are people from the North East, Birmingham and the like so I guess we are either all up for the Aussie move completely (to endure such a horrid drive to London) or we are all completely bonkers!

My hubby, son & I are going to attend on the Sunday.

If you want to swap mobile numbers let me know!

BTW: the website for the Expo is http://www.expo-australia.com/

Claire
xx
Hi we are coming up to London, driving up Saturday and staying over night we will have a look around Sunday too I expect. Ive got a badge heehee so might see you there.
Amanda
Old Oct 28th 2004, 7:00 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we are coming up to London, driving up Saturday and staying over night we will have a look around Sunday too I expect. Ive got a badge heehee so might see you there.
Amanda
WOW! I totally adore the koala!!!!
Where are you staying?
We are doing the same as you - we are at the Ibis itself overnight.
Looking forward to it!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
WOW! I totally adore the koala!!!!
Where are you staying?
We are doing the same as you - we are at the Ibis itself overnight.
Looking forward to it!
Hi
We will be staying at the Ibis hotel on Saturday night getting up there about lunch time, staying over, leaving London lunch time Sunday.
Lets hope its worth it, got a list of questions lets hope they have time to answer them
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:22 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Talking Re: medicals

Hi
We will be staying at the Ibis hotel on Saturday night getting up there about lunch time, staying over, leaving London lunch time Sunday.
Lets hope its worth it, got a list of questions lets hope they have time to answer them
WooHoo

See you at the bar!

Claire
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi amandat,a very big welcome to the forum,glad your coming to london on saturday,we re going to be in the ibis bar around 4.45 and again at 7 o clock for the meet,hope to see you there,

we did all our own paperwork as well,saves a lot of money, its something to think about,hope you get lots of questions answered at the weekend.

tracey.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scissors
hi amandat,a very big welcome to the forum,glad your coming to london on saturday,we re going to be in the ibis bar around 4.45 and again at 7 o clock for the meet,hope to see you there,

we did all our own paperwork as well,saves a lot of money, its something to think about,hope you get lots of questions answered at the weekend.

tracey.
Hi
Thanks for the welcome.
Thinking of doing it ourselves now after a few quotes, :scared: got one more to come back. Its just knowing what visa we need the rest looks straight forward. I,m sure once we have everything together it will all make sense
Its a lot of money they are asking for which is fine if you get in alot to throw away otherwise. Hopefully after the weekend it will be fine
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

You can download all the information you need from the internet.which tells you all the different ways you can apply for your visa,tra is the hardest part but if your not sure of anything you can phone the tra in oz we did a few times about things we we rnt sure about they were very helpful,a couple of phone calls to oz cost a lot less than a huge bill from an agent.What do you do for a living?could you get in on your trade or job.

tracey.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

You can download all the information you need from the internet.which tells you all the different ways you can apply for your visa,tra is the hardest part but if your not sure of anything you can phone the tra in oz we did a few times about things we we rnt sure about they were very helpful,a couple of phone calls to oz cost a lot less than a huge bill from an agent.What do you do for a living?could you get in on your trade or job.

tracey.
Hi
Im just finishing an NVQ2 in early years care cant get in with that but my husband is a senior sales and marketing manger with 5 years experience but no quaifications in that field he also trained as a plumber but thats not hes chosen path.
Got loads of info of the net and this forum is great been reading lots of threads
We have been looking into going to Adelaide or Victoria.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

hi hun, my hubby is also a manager but he hadnt got enough yrs experience in this field despite haveing a mba,not enough points,hopefully yours with having 5yrs experience will help,i think tommorow will help shame he s not still plumbing they seem to want trades peolpe the most.i m a hairdresser so we re getting in on my skills,luckily,just waiting for police checks know.If we get together tommorow we could chat,sending you a pm

tracey.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

hi hun, my hubby is also a manager but he hadnt got enough yrs experience in this field despite haveing a mba,not enough points,hopefully yours with having 5yrs experience will help,i think tommorow will help shame he s not still plumbing they seem to want trades peolpe the most.i m a hairdresser so we re getting in on my skills,luckily,just waiting for police checks know.If we get together tommorow we could chat,sending you a pm

tracey.
Hi
Thanks just repleid if I've done it right of course
Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

got your message hun look forward to meeting you tommorow,we re going in the morning but wer e meetin up with people at 4.45 and 7 o clock, see you tommorow.

tracey,