Reload this Page >

Gisborne, NZ - things to do

Gisborne, NZ - things to do

Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

yvonneg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gisborne, NZ - things to do

Hi there!
I've am currently researching the New Zealand show of 'A Place In The Sun' and have a couple who are looking to buy a holiday home in the Eastlands, probably around Gisborne. So I thought I'd come on here and ask if there's anyone already out there and how they're finding it.
What kind of things are there to do around Gisborne? What's it like living there (it seems quite small with a population of 35K)? What does your average weekend look like?
Any info/comments/pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated! ([email protected])
Thanks!
Yvonne
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:33 pm
wombat42

Default Re: Gisborne, NZ - things to do

Originally Posted by yvonneg
Hi there!
I've am currently researching the New Zealand show of 'A Place In The Sun' and have a couple who are looking to buy a holiday home in the Eastlands, probably around Gisborne. So I thought I'd come on here and ask if there's anyone already out there and how they're finding it.
What kind of things are there to do around Gisborne? What's it like living there (it seems quite small with a population of 35K)? What does your average weekend look like?
Any info/comments/pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated! ([email protected])
Thanks!
Yvonne
Watching the grass grow would probably be the most exciting activity that goes on down there.
or maybe watching the sheep eat the grass if you reallly want to get an Adrenaline rush.

Last edited by wombat42; Oct 28th 2004 at 11:41 pm.

Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wombat42
Watching the grass grow would probably be the most exciting activity that goes on down there.
or maybe watching the sheep eat the grass if you reallly want to get an Adrenaline rush.
Were you wronged in a previous life by a Moari or something. All you seem to do is jump on posts relating to NZ with un-helpful crap. Get a *****in life!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:53 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by WheelsOfSteel
Were you wronged in a previous life by a Moari or something. All you seem to do is jump on posts relating to NZ with un-helpful crap. Get a *****in life!
Not by a Moari but l was dumped, after a bitter love affair with a New Zealand sheep.

Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:48 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wombat42

Look at it this way......our thousands of sheep look great eating,its like a stream of money.At the end of a hard days work, or when the weekend comes, i can do whatever i like and my sheep continue to eat!The more they eat,the bigger they get, the more they're worth.They grow when i'm out enjoying myself elsewhere.Yep, its nice watching sheep eat grass......it beats 8 hours of sitting in an office.