Medicals

Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by holsdad
>> -- If youve got tattoos another blood test is taken too (Not For Kids)
That's not correct, having tattoos or piercings makes no difference to the medical whatsoever...

I.
I'm not sure about this. At our medical the doctor specifically asked whether we had any tattoos. Neither my husband nor I do so it went no further but I gather that if we had had then our bloods would have had further tests.

BB
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Just remembered.... the extra test, if you have a tattoo, is for hepatitis.
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
So, you thought I was still out and could be cheeky eh ??!!!

Think you had better explain how you know I have got tattoos!

Cas
Er.....you mentioned it on this forum?
Forum Regular

bloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nice
Exclamation Re: Medicals

That X ray.Don't open it. For two reasons.

One, it invalidates it so you are back to square one ( make sure your Dr marks it X RAY ONLY DO NOT OPEN, or your courier will blow it for you)

and Two, if there is something obviously hideous on the x-ray you'll have a thoroughly miserable last Christmas. :scared:
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:20 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Er.....you mentioned it on this forum?
Not good enough - that was ages ago!
Cas
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:27 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Not good enough - that was ages ago!
Cas
So much for having a long memory.... Anyhoo, you'd have had the Hep jabs surely...

Have you read the stuff about the x-ray? Do not open under punishment of death! Or....possibly you'll have to have them done again....
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:33 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=tonyk38]So much for having a long memory....

OK, be coy! You have got away with it this time!
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:35 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=carolinegorka]
So much for having a long memory....

OK, be coy! You have got away with it this time!
Got away with what? *wide-eyed innocent look on face*
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Got away with what? *wide-eyed innocent look on face*
LOL innocent my a*** !
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:03 am
Account Closed

LOL innocent my a*** !
You know me far too well.......
Old Oct 24th 2004, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

holsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

So, you thought I was still out and could be cheeky eh ??!!!

Think you had better explain how you know I have got tattoos!

Cas
don't all cool people have tattoos?
Old Oct 24th 2004, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

holsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beach bound
Just remembered.... the extra test, if you have a tattoo, is for hepatitis.
Everybody gets tested for hepatitis (unless you are pregnant, a child for adoption or an unaccompanied refugee minor). British tattooists are licenced premises, subject to regular checks and very clean! There is nothing you can catch from having a tattoo that doesn't get tested for anyway. So if you are migrating and have tattoos then don't worry about a thing unless you had them done in an unlicenced back street flea pit

I.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 9:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody gets tested for hepatitis (unless you are pregnant, a child for adoption or an unaccompanied refugee minor). British tattooists are licenced premises, subject to regular checks and very clean! There is nothing you can catch from having a tattoo that doesn't get tested for anyway. So if you are migrating and have tattoos then don't worry about a thing unless you had them done in an unlicenced back street flea pit

I.
I had my medical last Friday. When Doctor came to take blood, He asked if I had a tattoo. I said yes (cos I have ) and presumably needed extra blood test. He said yes and did two (cos he has to ) He then asked me how I knew I would need second one, I mentioned this site and he said, lots of people come in not knowing because DIMIA make very little mention of it in their literature. It makes no difference to DIMIA where you had it done. You had needles puncturing the skin, they are not going to take your word for the fact it was a clean place. They are covering their backs (and health service) just like they do for every other aspect of migrating.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 9:56 pm
Cheeky

Well I must be 'uncool' then!!!!!

Not that Im rushing out to get one done mind!!!
Needles? pain? .....thanks, but no thanks!!!

Each to there own though!! I dont object to them I just never fancied having one done myself! Look nice on other people though, Robbie Williams MMMM,mmmm!!!

Cheeky!!

don't all cool people have tattoos?