Medicals

Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

zander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals

If a medical problem is identified as part of medical checks for emmigration, would you be told about it as soon as results were known or would your first indication be a refusal or request for more information from DIMIA? Just wondered as I know the Meds process can take a long time.

Alex
Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:45 am
owieb

Default Re: Medicals

Originally posted by zander
If a medical problem is identified as part of medical checks for emmigration, would you be told about it as soon as results were known or would your first indication be a refusal or request for more information from DIMIA? Just wondered as I know the Meds process can take a long time.

Alex
We had our medicals done here in Perth at one of the HSA centers and were told that if there was any problems with our medicals, such as HIV etc they would contact us when they received the results, prior to sending them to DIMA.

This may have been because we signed the health undertaking?

Old Sep 8th 2003, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by owieb

This may have been because we signed the health undertaking?

What's that then?

Incidentally, we'll be taking our meds last so it doesn't really matter to us wether they tell us straight away or not.

I'm interested in the whole subject of medicals cos my wife is a bit suspect in the health department!

(we've checked it all out with our Agent and he's says she'll be fine but I've heard of losing half your points for health if your helath is a bit dodgy)
Old Sep 8th 2003, 10:32 am
owieb

Originally posted by cadman
What's that then?

Incidentally, we'll be taking our meds last so it doesn't really matter to us wether they tell us straight away or not.

I'm interested in the whole subject of medicals cos my wife is a bit suspect in the health department!

(we've checked it all out with our Agent and he's says she'll be fine but I've heard of losing half your points for health if your helath is a bit dodgy)
The health undertaking is when you agree that should you have any problems you will report to an HSA/medical center within a certain time period upon arrival in Australia.

There's a section on the medical form that you can sign. It is supposed to speed up the process, in that DIMA don't have to come back and ask for more information/tests etc.

But don't quote me on it, it was a while ago that I had my medicals and I don't have a copy of the forms to hand.

Might be worth posting a message on the Immigration forum or asking your agent.