Medicals

Old Apr 24th 2003, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

MickyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Medicals

Hi there. Just registered. I have just undergone the dreaded medicals for skilled migration. I recieved a request for a second medical to be done. I've had this done but have no idea how long I will have to wait for a reply from the powers that be!!!
Has anyone been through a second medical or any ideas how long I may have to wait....no answers of how long is a piece of string please. Ta.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals

Originally posted by MickyP
Hi there. Just registered. I have just undergone the dreaded medicals for skilled migration. I recieved a request for a second medical to be done. I've had this done but have no idea how long I will have to wait for a reply from the powers that be!!!
Has anyone been through a second medical or any ideas how long I may have to wait....no answers of how long is a piece of string please. Ta.
Sure. My daughter had to have a second med.
received pre grant within 3 weeks !
Chin up it might be soon !!!
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

MaggieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry - seem to have missed somthing here, why on earth would you have to have a second medical?

Getting me worried now as we had ours yesterday - do you have to pay the full wack again?
A gradually going grey Maggie Lou
Old Apr 26th 2003, 10:03 am
Just Joined

MickyP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MaggieLou
sorry - seem to have missed somthing here, why on earth would you have to have a second medical?

Getting me worried now as we had ours yesterday - do you have to pay the full wack again?

Sorry for any confusion, 'cos I was a bit of a sick note a few years ago I recieved a letter telling me to undergo a second medical. lucky for me I just needed to get a letter from the consultant that performed surgery on me to say I was now ok and not going to need further treatment. This did not cost me anything, but I was informed that any costs incured would have to be paid by me.
If you are fit and healthy don't worry about it.
Old Apr 26th 2003, 4:47 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MaggieLou

If your BMI (body mass indicator - there are calculators on the web) is close to or over 40, you need a second medical. i.e. if you're clinically obese.