Reload this Page >

Medical valid for how long?

Medical valid for how long?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Default Medical valid for how long?

Hi all, just after info ... again.

After doing meds, how long are they valid for? Are they valid for 12 months like the police checks?

It's just I've seen on the forums that some meds are valid for 6 months only, I suspect this is for people who have a health undertaking once in Oz, but if someone can confirm.....

Thanks again wise forum folk...

Mike
Old Apr 8th 2005, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

nursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Medical valid for how long?

Originally Posted by marson

After doing meds, how long are they valid for? Are they valid for 12 months like the police checks?

It's just I've seen on the forums that some meds are valid for 6 months only, I suspect this is for people who have a health undertaking once in Oz, but if someone can confirm.....

Mike
whether done in oz or here its 12 mths, sometimes they ask them to be redone to give you plenty of time to get yourselves across to aus (I think)
Old Apr 8th 2005, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by marson

Mike
Hi Mike,

If you have a health undertaking, like I had, the medicals are normally only valid for 6 months.

Debbie
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

nursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura aboutnursenancy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
Hi Mike,

If you have a health undertaking, like I had, the medicals are normally only valid for 6 months.

Debbie
sorry debbie what's the 'health undertaking', is it different to the normal visa meds?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nursenancy
sorry debbie what's the 'health undertaking', is it different to the normal visa meds?

Basically it means there's a health issue as revealed by medical results - not enough to cause visa refusal - but enough for them to insist on health followup once you arrive in Australia. It's not unknown for nurses and other medical applicants to have this imposed.

Jeremy
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Basically it means there's a health issue as revealed by medical results - not enough to cause visa refusal - but enough for them to insist on health followup once you arrive in Australia. It's not unknown for nurses and other medical applicants to have this imposed.

Jeremy
Do they not tell you at your medicals then? If theres something going on, I'd want to know in case it was serious?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Do they not tell you at your medicals then? If theres something going on, I'd want to know in case it was serious?
Well, my agent told me that it could be only the fact that the film of your chest X-ray was not very clear and so they want it retaken, or something very minor - if it was serious they would probably refuse your visa. Mine was over 2 years ago and turned out to be an X ray which didn't show my lungs clearly enough for their satisfaction so had to be redone.

Debbie
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

If it was serious you would probably fail the medical in the first place.

It is for conditions that require medical follow-up or monitoring.

G