Reload this Page >

Medical-Son has special needs

Medical-Son has special needs

Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

soniap is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Medical-Son has special needs

Hi
I am new to this forum and reading through has given me some great info. My name is Sonia and my husband and I are hoping to move to Adelaide in the near future. I am a Nurse and my husband has a favourable job interest. My children are aged 8 and 6. My son has high functioning autism and is at a mainstream school in London. We have enough points as my husband also has relatives on the Gold Coast. Our biggest concern is whether our son would pass the medical. He currently has a statement at school where he receives 1:1 support.
If anyone has any previous experience of this and could highly recommend a migration agent I would be very grateful.

Sonia xxxx
Old Jan 18th 2007, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical-Son has special needs

Originally Posted by soniap
Hi
I am new to this forum and reading through has given me some great info. My name is Sonia and my husband and I are hoping to move to Adelaide in the near future. I am a Nurse and my husband has a favourable job interest. My children are aged 8 and 6. My son has high functioning autism and is at a mainstream school in London. We have enough points as my husband also has relatives on the Gold Coast. Our biggest concern is whether our son would pass the medical. He currently has a statement at school where he receives 1:1 support.
If anyone has any previous experience of this and could highly recommend a migration agent I would be very grateful.

Sonia xxxx
Hi Sonia, welcome to BE.

Have you visited Adelaide before? If you need any help when you get here just give me a shout, I live just North of the CBD.

I haven't got any experience to pass on, but I can recommend some good agents. There are two that post on here: George Lombard and Alan Collett either of them would more than likely be glad to assist you.

If you look around the immigration forum they are in their most of the time and all their contact details are on the bottom of their posts.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:24 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I have a special needs daughter (partially deaf, had a UK statement). I cannot offer recent advice as we moved over 5 years ago. I would recommend George Lombard for help and advice.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

soniap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sandra
I have a special needs daughter (partially deaf, had a UK statement). I cannot offer recent advice as we moved over 5 years ago. I would recommend George Lombard for help and advice.
I am concerned that my son's disability will have an impact on the medical and we will be turned down. How did you approach the medical with your daughter. Did you have any concerns?
Thanks
Sonia xx
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:36 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soniap
I am concerned that my son's disability will have an impact on the medical and we will be turned down. How did you approach the medical with your daughter. Did you have any concerns?
Thanks
Sonia xx
I have sent you a private message.

Also for other peoples responses do a search on here under medical or disability - you get a lot of high blood pressure and overweight questions but there are some decent information ones

Cheers Sandra