Medical Records

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice
Question Medical Records

Just been to my doctors and asked about obtaining my medical records to be told that there is a charge of £50.
To me this is quite expensive and to be honest there isn't much on there apart from details about ladies "issues" and but nothing particularly major on there so I am wondering if getting them is even worth it?

Has anyone else not bothered or is it a must that I get my records?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Records

if you have kids it worth getting their imm records printed. if they still have the red bk take that.

if no kids then no not really

this comes up a lot and most people say its not really worth it

hope that helps
hitch
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
if you have kids it worth getting their imm records printed. if they still have the red bk take that.

if no kids then no not really

this comes up a lot and most people say its not really worth it

hope that helps
hitch
No kids - so will probably not bother.

Thanks Hitch.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

no probs

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
no probs

Isn't there some sort of data protection law that states any company that holds personal information about you has to make it available to you at a cost of no more than what it would cost them in admin - up to a mximum limit of £10.

I know when I sent for my credit cards statements, so I could prove when I bought things, they wanted £2.00 per sheet, ( I needed the last 6 years - that's a lot of sheets ), but they were only allowed to charge me £10.

Worth looking inot if you really want your records.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

i have read on here be4 that docs are charging £50.00 to do medical records.

mil works as receptionist in medical centre confimed that they can charge up2 £50.00 so most do charge the full amount.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:23 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilso16
Just been to my doctors and asked about obtaining my medical records to be told that there is a charge of £50.
To me this is quite expensive and to be honest there isn't much on there apart from details about ladies "issues" and but nothing particularly major on there so I am wondering if getting them is even worth it?

Has anyone else not bothered or is it a must that I get my records?
I wouldn't bother if your relatively healthy and ain't got much wrong - when I moved to the UK and had to go to the Dr for the first time (WHAT an effort it was just to get a bloody apopintment)....anyway, I just wrote on a piece of paper previous medications I had taken, roughly when, any allergies etc and previous operation (to have wisdom teeth removed) plus any other importnat bits and pieces and gave it to them - they said that was more than enough as a bit of background info!

£50!!!!!! Tell them to get stuffed - thats just plain taking the pi$$ !!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Ours printed OH's out for nothing in case we needed them for the medicals.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 3:31 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

I hardily see what the point is in having medical records in the UK - I can never get in to see the doctor!!

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

SafetyJohn has a spectacular aura aboutSafetyJohn has a spectacular aura aboutSafetyJohn has a spectacular aura about

I don't know about doctor's records but I used to work for the local hospital and they'd charge you £10. I've had two children and had a sneaky look at mine and I think you'd be surprised how little information is in them. I don't think I'd bother especially for £50!!!

Sarah
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:05 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

you can get a contact sheet from your docs for free says what you have been to drs about and what medication you are on, if you have nothing complicated then just get this.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

The NHS website has clear information about how much the surgery can charge you,
see http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Health-...hat-to-do.aspx

"The maximum fee that can be charged to provide access and a copy of your records is:
records held totally on computer: up to a maximum £10 charge,
records held in part on computer and in part manually: up to a maximum £50 charge, and
records held totally manually: up to a maximum £50 charge."

I'm going to ask for a simple computerised record, which will summarise any treatments I've had over the last few years, which they cannot charge more than £10 for.

Sammy

Last edited by Sammy T; Jul 23rd 2007 at 9:27 pm. Reason: incorrect web address
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, can't seem to get correct web site on above thread, here it is again:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Health-...hat-to-do.aspx

Sammy