Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medical question

Medical question

Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical question

Hi, I am thinking of applying to emigrate to oz with my wife and kids but I have just read somewhere that even members of my immediate family who are NOT emigrating need to meet certain health standards.

Can anyone shed any light on that for me?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:09 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical question

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi, I am thinking of applying to emigrate to oz with my wife and kids but I have just read somewhere that even members of my immediate family who are NOT emigrating need to meet certain health standards.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Jazzy,

someone will correct me if im wrong, but i think its only if you have children who are not emmigrating with you who will also need to have medicals done.

Good Luck
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys

Many thanks in advance.
My older kids did not come out with us, They did not have medicals . Denise
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:17 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be some conflict in whats in the dimia info booklets and an email I had from them last week.

In the booklet it states that all children under 18 even those not migrating with you have to get meds however, the email I received said "children over 16 who are or are not migrating" have to get meds.
This puts me in the clear since Ive got a 15 year old whos mother refuses meds, Im in a big panic then I get the dimia email that says I dont need med for my 15yr old.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
There seems to be some conflict in whats in the dimia info booklets and an email I had from them last week.

In the booklet it states that all children under 18 even those not migrating with you have to get meds however, the email I received said "children over 16 who are or are not migrating" have to get meds.
This puts me in the clear since Ive got a 15 year old whos mother refuses meds, Im in a big panic then I get the dimia email that says I dont need med for my 15yr old.
It is so bloody sressful, i feel like its been going on for 2 years.
Our visa, 12 months, then my daughter, here on a student visa, applied for Pr, child dependant, they want this they want that, they said she had to have another medical here, she had the full medical in Uk in May. I rang dimia and told them, but they still said another medical , I ended up ringing 3 different people, no joy, so went went higher, and was told No she does not need another medical, the UK one is valid for 12 months, well i bleedin know that.
God i am soooo peed off with it all, now they want the original police checks in Uk. I sent certified copies.
My 23 yr old son and his girlfriend are coming over on student visa, they have to prove de facto, they have sent all they ask for , but they want more, i had to go to jusice of peace today, do a statutory declaration saying she lived with us for 2 years, faxed it today. This has cost us thousands,when is it all going to end, i sometimes wish we had never started this, i cant remember the last time i had a proper nights sleep.
OH well i feel better for that little moan. sorry , Denise
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:21 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
It is so bloody sressful, i feel like its been going on for 2 years.
Our visa, 12 months, then my daughter, here on a student visa, applied for Pr, child dependant, they want this they want that, they said she had to have another medical here, she had the full medical in Uk in May. I rang dimia and told them, but they still said another medical , I ended up ringing 3 different people, no joy, so went went higher, and was told No she does not need another medical, the UK one is valid for 12 months, well i bleedin know that.
God i am soooo peed off with it all, now they want the original police checks in Uk. I sent certified copies.
My 23 yr old son and his girlfriend are coming over on student visa, they have to prove de facto, they have sent all they ask for , but they want more, i had to go to jusice of peace today, do a statutory declaration saying she lived with us for 2 years, faxed it today. This has cost us thousands,when is it all going to end, i sometimes wish we had never started this, i cant remember the last time i had a proper nights sleep.

OH well i feel better for that little moan. sorry , Denise
Sit down, relax and get yourself a big glass of chardy Things can so easily snowball into a literal mountain of stress. Try concentrating on one major hurdle at a time and not everything at once. I find things far easier that way.
I used to drive 3000km from toronto in canada to newfoundland and the drive can be something to really dread but I had this thing called a triptik from the auto club which was basically a map but made into pages with each page being about 150-200km. I would set myself a goal for small things on the drive such as "finish this page stop for coffee" and other similar things.
Youd be suprised at how you can turn the dread of all the tasks you have at hand into a more positive experience by setting goals, and rewarding yourself with a simple pleasure when you reach those goals.
Good luck
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[Luke - I am with you on this one, we have got all the way down the line, with our documents, then as He has 2 kids from ex marriage - that He has not seen for 8 years, we have had to go to a solicitor yesterday and make a declaration under oath, that we have no intention of sponsoring them in the future etc., that these kids are estranged from us.

But apparently its not that simple - the children have rights under legislation that if the parent they are living with dies they can opt to migrate to live with the other parent (this is how explained to me anyway).

So we are in a bit of panic as His ex wife would NOT co-operate in any way, even if we found Her.

Does anyone think we could be refused on these grounds
PS - eldest son is 17 and youngest 13.
angela
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Angela Marie
[Luke - I am with you on this one, we have got all the way down the line, with our documents, then as He has 2 kids from ex marriage - that He has not seen for 8 years, we have had to go to a solicitor yesterday and make a declaration under oath, that we have no intention of sponsoring them in the future etc., that these kids are estranged from us.

But apparently its not that simple - the children have rights under legislation that if the parent they are living with dies they can opt to migrate to live with the other parent (this is how explained to me anyway).

So we are in a bit of panic as His ex wife would NOT co-operate in any way, even if we found Her.

Does anyone think we could be refused on these grounds
PS - eldest son is 17 and youngest 13.
angela
I asked this on immi forum and also gave it much thought myself. I also had a meeting with dimia staff in person the other week here in nsw and asked. Grant it this dimia person seemed to a junior but she said that I should just do a stat dec saying the parent wouldnt agree to a med for the child.
I cant say about a 17 yr old though, my son is only 15
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Sit down, relax and get yourself a big glass of chardy Things can so easily snowball into a literal mountain of stress. Try concentrating on one major hurdle at a time and not everything at once. I find things far easier that way.
I used to drive 3000km from toronto in canada to newfoundland and the drive can be something to really dread but I had this thing called a triptik from the auto club which was basically a map but made into pages with each page being about 150-200km. I would set myself a goal for small things on the drive such as "finish this page stop for coffee" and other similar things.
Youd be suprised at how you can turn the dread of all the tasks you have at hand into a more positive experience by setting goals, and rewarding yourself with a simple pleasure when you reach those goals.
Good luck
ILL try that, i do take on too much sometimes.
At the same time we have been building, and move in about 4 weeks plus xmas coming, i have not got any presents yet. I just want a good nights sleep, I dont drink i dont smoke, god i need something.
Anyway you lot keep me going. I just have to think there is always somebody worse off than me. Denise
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

What!!!!
tell me again Luke!

I have two step children not migrating 11 and 16, ex-wife wont let them do the meds.

so just tell me that again

cheers
lace x
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

DIMIA have to realise that life isn't always a fairytale - with ex relationships and the kids therein that relationship!!!!!!!!!
angela

Last edited by Angela Marie; Nov 17th 2005 at 7:55 am.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lacey21
What!!!!
tell me again Luke!

I have two step children not migrating 11 and 16, ex-wife wont let them do the meds.

so just tell me that again

cheers
lace x
best thing to make sure you have would be court order showing you or your spouse dont have custody I reckon
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 pm - new twist in this thread of today
As per my last responses - did our declaration last night

Agent just phoned me and after taking advice thinks we should play safe, and try and prove we have tried to make contact :scared:
How the hell do I do that??. Reckons DIMIA may wish to satisfy themselves that hubby is not skipping the country to get away from responsibility.
He suggested contacting schools to ask for confirmation that they have had different address to us for xxx amount of years etc., this is getting really complicated.

God need a drink
angela
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

they wont give you that information Angela Data Protection Act.

i have PM'ed you

hugs Lace x
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

mazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nicemazza is just really nice

Angela Marie Hi,
Sorry this is a reply to messages from a while ago but I wondered what happened in the end? how did you get around this?
I didn't realise that we would need to get meds for my ex's child who he has no contact with, his ex will surely refuse.