Reload this Page >

Medical Question!!!

Medical Question!!!

Old Apr 26th 2003, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Question!!!

Hi All

I have got my medicals on Monday aswell as my Xray in the morning.

What can I expect in the medical. What will they do to me!!!!!

Cheers in advance

Anthony
Old Apr 26th 2003, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

pamzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Easy Peasy

They take a blood sample (testing for HIV only) a urine sample, strip to underwear and listen to heart/lungs, blood pressure, test reflexes, eyesight, "feel" here and there - armpits etc ! ask a bundle of questions and thats about it.
The X-ray takes a couple of minutes and your out - unless you're like my hubby who was called in for a second X-ray because he is so tall they couldn't fit his chest in just the one !

We received the results back in about a week.

Good Luck
Old Apr 26th 2003, 5:17 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pamzo
Easy Peasy

They take a blood sample (testing for HIV only) a urine sample, strip to underwear and listen to heart/lungs, blood pressure, test reflexes, eyesight, "feel" here and there - armpits etc ! ask a bundle of questions and thats about it.
The X-ray takes a couple of minutes and your out - unless you're like my hubby who was called in for a second X-ray because he is so tall they couldn't fit his chest in just the one !

We received the results back in about a week.

Good Luck
I did have to take the 'cough' test, but it was always 'do I mind'. Good bedside manner is important. My wife was asked several times if she wanted a chaperone and if she minded the breast exam.
Old Apr 26th 2003, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

you will be fine, its really not that bad, they told us there and then that everything was ok. we phoned for the blood results a few days later.
Old Apr 27th 2003, 2:59 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Hi all
When we went for our medicals we were terrified and went on a real health kick a couple of months before. But when we went for the medicals it was as the other posts have said, just a urine test, blood test, eye test reflex test etc,etc. My blood presure was a little higher than normal but the doctor put this down to me being nervous.
The other thing i had to have was another blood test because i had a tattoo and body piercing to check for hepititus.

The worst part of the medical is having to strip down to your underwear, so leave the kinky stuff at home.
Don't stress about it, there's nothing to stress about and the doctors are quite understanding, after all your paying them big bucks.

Debbie jo
Old Apr 27th 2003, 3:17 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Hi all
When we went for our medicals we were terrified and went on a real health kick a couple of months before. But when we went for the medicals it was as the other posts have said, just a urine test, blood test, eye test reflex test etc,etc. My blood presure was a little higher than normal but the doctor put this down to me being nervous.
The other thing i had to have was another blood test because i had a tattoo and body piercing to check for hepititus.

The worst part of the medical is having to strip down to your underwear, so leave the kinky stuff at home.
Don't stress about it, there's nothing to stress about and the doctors are quite understanding, after all your paying them big bucks.

Debbie jo
Old Apr 27th 2003, 6:07 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Question!!!

Hiya!

As all others said,its not that bad!
We went a week early to a different hospital for bloods and xrays because the GP doing the tests wanted those results before doing any medicals!
If you want a clearer idea of what they want to know, have a look at the medical form before you go and see what questions the doctors have to answer! It wll give you a clue about what they do to you!

Good luck, Im sure you will be fine!