Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mechanical Engineering Position

Mechanical Engineering Position

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default Mechanical Engineering Position

I emigrated to the sunshine coast 6months ago and found it difficult to find a mechanical engineering position. I have managed to secure a position and now I am looking for a qualified mechanical engineer / mechanical CAD draftsman to assist with a number of planned projects.

Knowing how hard it is to find work on the sunshine coast for non civil engineering, if I can be of any assistance to any mechanical engineer who is looking for work then send me a PM.

Pete
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mechanical Engineering Position

Originally Posted by cantwait
I emigrated to the sunshine coast 6months ago and found it difficult to find a mechanical engineering position. I have managed to secure a position and now I am looking for a qualified mechanical engineer / mechanical CAD draftsman to assist with a number of planned projects.

Knowing how hard it is to find work on the sunshine coast for non civil engineering, if I can be of any assistance to any mechanical engineer who is looking for work then send me a PM.

Pete

Tried to PM you but says you need to clear space.
Mandy
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Pete
Pete

Hi, what discipline of engineering are you in. I am a building services mechaniacl engineer, conversant in Acad, Hevacomp, Cymap etc. Running various size jobs hands on from conception to pc. Havnt emailed you as I believe its not currently working.

Look forward to speakinh with you

Mick
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

The position is for an immediate fill and requires expertise in mechanical engineering e.g. understanding of mechanical engineering principles and materials etc as well as competency in AutoCAD.

The projects involve the design and development of production machinery for a building wall and roof product.

PM box has space now.

Cheers, Pete
Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Pete
Move to Perth & you will get 5 interviews on arrival & be earning AUD130k+pa within a few days.

It really is that good here at the moment & you'll be living in the best place in Australia.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Move to Perth & you will get 5 interviews on arrival & be earning AUD130k+pa within a few days.

It really is that good here at the moment & you'll be living in the best place in Australia.
and you will be taxed at 70%
Old Jun 24th 2006, 2:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
and you will be taxed at 70%
How? We pay the same tax as the rest of Australia.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get paid over a certain amount (hubby is the finances person and I am very preggers so forgive me for being vague), any extra is taxed at 70% making it unprofitable to bother earning anyway... unless you can keep your pay and reduce your hours (would be lovely) or afford an investment property to do the whole negative gearing wotsit. Plus you lose family assistance. Hmmmmm. I think the tax band then goes down up towards $200K.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Once you get paid over a certain amount (hubby is the finances person and I am very preggers so forgive me for being vague), any extra is taxed at 70% making it unprofitable to bother earning anyway... unless you can keep your pay and reduce your hours (would be lovely) or afford an investment property to do the whole negative gearing wotsit. Plus you lose family assistance. Hmmmmm. I think the tax band then goes down up towards $200K.
Top rate of tax from 1 July is 46.5% (I think) including Medicare levy on income over $150k pa. So I don't know where you get 70% from.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Guys the info on the tax is super but the position is for the sunshine coast.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm not looking for a job I'm offering one.

In my opinion I'm already living in the best place in Australia - the sunshine coast!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Top rate of tax from 1 July is 46.5% (I think) including Medicare levy on income over $150k pa. So I don't know where you get 70% from.
You're right but there is a band of tax where over 70% kicks in.
I was factoring family assistance in for 2 kids and medicare. At 93K we would be taxed at 40% +1.5 % medicare, at 95K that rises to 71.5%. So that extra pay increase looks pretty poor. BTW I'm quoting % tax per extra 1000 and hubby's spreadsheet is extremely complicated lol.
But if you're on 150K (and have 2 kids, don't know if you do or not... this is just on our spreadsheet) you would get taxed at 41.5%. This kicks in at 112k.
So if you fall in that mid range band you are taxed at a much higher rate, which is a bit weird.
I should kick him up the bum and get him to work longer hours or send him off to site lol
Old Jun 29th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

You're right but there is a band of tax where over 70% kicks in.
I was factoring family assistance in for 2 kids and medicare. At 93K we would be taxed at 40% +1.5 % medicare, at 95K that rises to 71.5%. So that extra pay increase looks pretty poor. BTW I'm quoting % tax per extra 1000 and hubby's spreadsheet is extremely complicated lol.
But if you're on 150K (and have 2 kids, don't know if you do or not... this is just on our spreadsheet) you would get taxed at 41.5%. This kicks in at 112k.
So if you fall in that mid range band you are taxed at a much higher rate, which is a bit weird.
I should kick him up the bum and get him to work longer hours or send him off to site lol
Bump!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bump![
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:03 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Pete
I can Mill ,turn manual and cnc ,program cnc (certain controls) Forklift licence ,overhead crane,rigging and slinging?? Got anything around easter next year for me mate????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.