Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Mcse Alone Enough ?

Is Mcse Alone Enough ?

Old Sep 16th 2002, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

rakeshpatney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Mcse Alone Enough ?

I've done MCSE just 5 months back, apart from that I'm a commerce graduate. I don't have work experience in the networking field but I have other work experience in the field of IT. Do I stand a chance to get work visa or PR to Australia on the basis of above said qualification or experience ? Please advice me asap
Old Sep 17th 2002, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

rohit_tar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Mcse Alone Enough ?

hi,
u havent given details as to what IT experience you have and for how many years...u can also check the site
www.immi.gov.au
for information on immigration.do you have any relatives in OZ who can sponsor you?

Regards

rohit

Originally posted by rakeshpatney:
I've done MCSE just 5 months back, apart from that I'm a commerce graduate. I don't have work experience in the networking field but I have other work experience in the field of IT. Do I stand a chance to get work visa or PR to Australia on the basis of above said qualification or experience ? Please advice me asap
Old Sep 17th 2002, 7:41 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Mcse Alone Enough ?

To apply for PR, you will need a skills assessment from ACS, in your case. An MSCE is equivalent to an Australian diploma in IT, which means you will need at least 4 years of relevant IT experience if you apply to ACS before Oct 1, 2002, or 6 year of IT experience if you apply on or after Oct 1, 2002.

Got work visa, it's up to you to secure a job offer, and it has nothing to do with the points system.

Peter

Originally posted by rakeshpatney:
I've done MCSE just 5 months back, apart from that I'm a commerce graduate. I don't have work experience in the networking field but I have other work experience in the field of IT. Do I stand a chance to get work visa or PR to Australia on the basis of above said qualification or experience ?