Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

Old Sep 16th 2002, 10:59 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 213
stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

quick one guys - reading all these posts tends to make one a little paranoid !


RE: PR app (skilled independent)

Form 80 - didnt send it off with the original application (recieved by Adelaide 7th Mar this year). Havent received request for medicals / police checks (though, judging from other peoples comments, i should be expecting that request in the next 2 or 3 weeks).

Do i wait around until they request Form 80 ? or do i do it off my own back ? quite happy to sit tight, if thats what is required - but if i am missing something, could anyone tell me ? I applied direct (i.e no agent) on Skilled Indep, and currently resident in Melbourne on a 457.

main Q is about the Form 80 thingey though.....cheers

a

Last edited by stay or go ?; Sep 16th 2002 at 11:14 pm.
stay or go ? is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 2:06 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 213
stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

anybody ? anybody at all ???
stay or go ? is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 2:56 am
  #3  
Migration Agent
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Posts: 6,439
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

Wait until you're asked to send it in, probably with medicals, etc.

Are you a nurse? What makes you think your application will be processed so quickly?

Best regards.



Originally posted by stay or go ?:
anybody ? anybody at all ???
Alan Collett is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 3:09 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 213
stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
Wait until you're asked to send it in, probably with medicals, etc.

Are you a nurse? What makes you think your application will be processed so quickly?

Best regards.



no i am not a nurse.

based on a 50 week processing time (as indicated in the acknowledgement letter dated 7th Mar 02), my "processing time" is up mid february 2003. Obviously this doesnt take into account the difference between what is written, and what actually transpires !

having read that there is at least a minimum wait of 3 months from Adelaide receiving medicals, to being sent either rejection or pre-grant, puts my medicals having to be in Adelaide by mid november. 49 day response time for getting medicals et al to Adelaide puts me receiving a request for them pretty soon. Or, does the 50 week processing time mean the time taken (roughly) before you recieve a medical request (thus putting the whole process closer to 18-20months) ?

Or is this all a crock, and I am looking at a 2 year+ wait even though my app was after Nov '01 ? lol !

Or are Adelaide so far behind as to make their "50 week" processing time a farce ?

So many questions, such little info ! ah well.

cheers
a
stay or go ? is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 3:21 am
  #5  
Migration Agent
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Posts: 6,439
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

I can't argue with your timescales ... the year is slipping by more quickly than I'd noticed!

We're currently recommending that clients obtain police reports and medicals about 6 to 9 months into the skilled application process. Then, if you haven't been asked for form 80, by the time you've got the medical result, etc you could complete it and send all the docs together.

Does this help?



Originally posted by stay or go ?:


no i am not a nurse.

based on a 50 week processing time (as indicated in the acknowledgement letter dated 7th Mar 02), my "processing time" is up mid february 2003. Obviously this doesnt take into account the difference between what is written, and what actually transpires !

having read that there is at least a minimum wait of 3 months from Adelaide receiving medicals, to being sent either rejection or pre-grant, puts my medicals having to be in Adelaide by mid november. 49 day response time for getting medicals et al to Adelaide puts me receiving a request for them pretty soon. Or, does the 50 week processing time mean the time taken (roughly) before you recieve a medical request (thus putting the whole process closer to 18-20months) ?

Or is this all a crock, and I am looking at a 2 year+ wait even though my app was after Nov '01 ? lol !

Or are Adelaide so far behind as to make their "50 week" processing time a farce ?

So many questions, such little info ! ah well.

cheers
a
Alan Collett is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 3:40 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 213
stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
I can't argue with your timescales ... the year is slipping by more quickly than I'd noticed!

We're currently recommending that clients obtain police reports and medicals about 6 to 9 months into the skilled application process. Then, if you haven't been asked for form 80, by the time you've got the medical result, etc you could complete it and send all the docs together.

Does this help?



it does. you're a star. already got the UK police checks (and havent been back since getting them) - so just the Australian ones and the Medicals. So near !

cheers

a
stay or go ? is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 6:06 am
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 28
sanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

Originally posted by stay or go ?:


it does. you're a star. already got the UK police checks (and havent been back since getting them) - so just the Australian ones and the Medicals. So near !

cheers

a
Do you recieve FORM 80 first or MEdicals/Police. Does Dima follow any order in sending out these forms?? I receieved FORM 80 but not medicals/Police yet.
sanch is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 8:28 am
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 28
sanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

Originally posted by sanch:


Do you recieve FORM 80 first or MEdicals/Police. Does Dima follow any order in sending out these forms?? I receieved FORM 80 but not medicals/Police yet.
anyone in similar situation??
sanch is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.