British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/form-80-ancils-now-when-asked-111501/)

stay or go ? Sep 16th 2002 10:59 pm

Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

quick one guys - reading all these posts tends to make one a little paranoid !

RE: PR app (skilled independent)

Form 80 - didnt send it off with the original application (recieved by Adelaide 7th Mar this year). Havent received request for medicals / police checks (though, judging from other peoples comments, i should be expecting that request in the next 2 or 3 weeks).

Do i wait around until they request Form 80 ? or do i do it off my own back ? quite happy to sit tight, if thats what is required - but if i am missing something, could anyone tell me ? I applied direct (i.e no agent) on Skilled Indep, and currently resident in Melbourne on a 457.

main Q is about the Form 80 thingey though.....cheers

a

stay or go ? Sep 17th 2002 2:06 am

Re: Form 80 + ancils...now or when asked ?

anybody ? anybody at all ???

Alan Collett Sep 17th 2002 2:56 am

Wait until you're asked to send it in, probably with medicals, etc.

Are you a nurse? What makes you think your application will be processed so quickly?

Best regards.

Originally posted by stay or go ?:
anybody ? anybody at all ???

stay or go ? Sep 17th 2002 3:09 am

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
Wait until you're asked to send it in, probably with medicals, etc.

Are you a nurse? What makes you think your application will be processed so quickly?

Best regards.

no i am not a nurse.

based on a 50 week processing time (as indicated in the acknowledgement letter dated 7th Mar 02), my "processing time" is up mid february 2003. Obviously this doesnt take into account the difference between what is written, and what actually transpires !

having read that there is at least a minimum wait of 3 months from Adelaide receiving medicals, to being sent either rejection or pre-grant, puts my medicals having to be in Adelaide by mid november. 49 day response time for getting medicals et al to Adelaide puts me receiving a request for them pretty soon. Or, does the 50 week processing time mean the time taken (roughly) before you recieve a medical request (thus putting the whole process closer to 18-20months) ?

Or is this all a crock, and I am looking at a 2 year+ wait even though my app was after Nov '01 ? lol !

Or are Adelaide so far behind as to make their "50 week" processing time a farce ?

So many questions, such little info ! ah well.

cheers
a

Alan Collett Sep 17th 2002 3:21 am

I can't argue with your timescales ... the year is slipping by more quickly than I'd noticed!

We're currently recommending that clients obtain police reports and medicals about 6 to 9 months into the skilled application process. Then, if you haven't been asked for form 80, by the time you've got the medical result, etc you could complete it and send all the docs together.

Does this help?

no i am not a nurse.

based on a 50 week processing time (as indicated in the acknowledgement letter dated 7th Mar 02), my "processing time" is up mid february 2003. Obviously this doesnt take into account the difference between what is written, and what actually transpires !

having read that there is at least a minimum wait of 3 months from Adelaide receiving medicals, to being sent either rejection or pre-grant, puts my medicals having to be in Adelaide by mid november. 49 day response time for getting medicals et al to Adelaide puts me receiving a request for them pretty soon. Or, does the 50 week processing time mean the time taken (roughly) before you recieve a medical request (thus putting the whole process closer to 18-20months) ?

Or is this all a crock, and I am looking at a 2 year+ wait even though my app was after Nov '01 ? lol !

Or are Adelaide so far behind as to make their "50 week" processing time a farce ?

So many questions, such little info ! ah well.

cheers
a

stay or go ? Sep 17th 2002 3:40 am

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
I can't argue with your timescales ... the year is slipping by more quickly than I'd noticed!

We're currently recommending that clients obtain police reports and medicals about 6 to 9 months into the skilled application process. Then, if you haven't been asked for form 80, by the time you've got the medical result, etc you could complete it and send all the docs together.

Does this help?

it does. you're a star. already got the UK police checks (and havent been back since getting them) - so just the Australian ones and the Medicals. So near !

cheers

a

sanch Sep 17th 2002 6:06 am

it does. you're a star. already got the UK police checks (and havent been back since getting them) - so just the Australian ones and the Medicals. So near !

cheers

a

Do you recieve FORM 80 first or MEdicals/Police. Does Dima follow any order in sending out these forms?? I receieved FORM 80 but not medicals/Police yet.

sanch Sep 17th 2002 8:28 am

Originally posted by sanch:

Do you recieve FORM 80 first or MEdicals/Police. Does Dima follow any order in sending out these forms?? I receieved FORM 80 but not medicals/Police yet.

anyone in similar situation??