Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mayonnaise in Oz

Mayonnaise in Oz

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mayonnaise in Oz

Originally Posted by steve`o
you can get hellmans in coles its usually in the asian food section
It with the other mayonnaises and salad dressings in my Coles There's also a brand called Thomo or something like that is which not bad. It's German but sometimes needs must
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:20 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

best foods and helmanns are one and the same. best used to be one of our customers in the uk.
praise whole egg mayo is better anyway
Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

SydneySwede has a spectacular aura aboutSydneySwede has a spectacular aura aboutSydneySwede has a spectacular aura about

Sugarfix in Miranda Fair (lower level) sells Hellman's as well as UK chocolate & sweets. I sometimes use S & W too and that's ok.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:01 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It with the other mayonnaises and salad dressings in my Coles There's also a brand called Thomo or something like that is which not bad. It's German but sometimes needs must
I cant get Hellmans either and have tried loads all yuk but have discovered Thomy which is really nice
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:25 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best we have found is Kraft. but we can only find it in a squidgy bottle which means the kids just want to draw faces using it on their dinner
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:33 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

If you have a look at the ingredients and sugar or corn syrup is in the first couple of ingrdients it will be sweet and horrible. In Helmans and Best Food (havent checked the others as we are now happy with Best Foods) the sugar is about 8th or 9th on the ingrdient list - ergo closer to proper mayonnaise.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by benny the ball
If you have a look at the ingredients and sugar or corn syrup is in the first couple of ingrdients it will be sweet and horrible. In Helmans and Best Food (havent checked the others as we are now happy with Best Foods) the sugar is about 8th or 9th on the ingrdient list - ergo closer to proper mayonnaise.
Right then, I've got three jars here : Praise whole egg, quite sweet and slightly mustardy.
S&W, like Helmans to me, smooth emulsion paint.
Thomy, very greasy and more spice/mustard, but fairly smooth.

Incidently both Praise and Thomy list sugar 5th on their list but the S&W it's
3rd after soybean and canola oils, so that blows Benny's theory.

I don't eat the stuff, salad cream girl me

But other half is with Possums, Thomy for him and he's gone off Helmans now as he says it's too rich.

I really must get out more
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I buy the Neil Perry fresh mayo from Woolies - it's in the chiller cabinet alongside salads and mushrooms. His fresh Caesar salad dressing is also the best I've found.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:42 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
S&W it's
Soybean.....SOYBEAN its f***ing mayonnaise.....eggs, oil and vinegar (plus maybe dijon mustard)
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Soybean.....SOYBEAN its f***ing mayonnaise.....eggs, oil and vinegar (plus maybe dijon mustard)
Soybean and Corn Syrup are the first two ingredients on the list of the jar of S&W whole egg mayonnaise (which we are talking about) and by your reckoning if sugar is in the first two ingredients then the sweeter the mayonnaise, yet S&W tastes bland.

Soybean.....SOYBEAN its f***ing mayonnaise

What are you going on about? You're not very clear.

No need for the bad language, we're only talking mayonnaise.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:51 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
Right then, I've got three jars here : Praise whole egg, quite sweet and slightly mustardy.
S&W, like Helmans to me, smooth emulsion paint.
Thomy, very greasy and more spice/mustard, but fairly smooth.

Incidently both Praise and Thomy list sugar 5th on their list but the S&W it's

I don't eat the stuff, salad cream girl me

But other half is with Possums, Thomy for him and he's gone off Helmans now as he says it's too rich.

I really must get out more

I found a bottle of Heinz salad cream on a shelf in the local shop, it looked like it had been there since WWII even so I bought it for Col, hes still breathing .. so far
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:20 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Possums

I found a bottle of Heinz salad cream on a shelf in the local shop, it looked like it had been there since WWII even so I bought it for Col, hes still breathing .. so far
You'll have to resort to plan B now.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:27 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Erm, is this a good time for me to ask if Soy mayo is available there?

Yes, I know, dreadful stuff, but I'm highly allergic to eggs and sometimes a girl's just gotta have mayo on her gluten-free butty. The one I buy here has mustard in it, so it's not too bad. Well it's better than nothing, at least.

TIA
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:41 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

real mayo is piss simple to make yourself if youve a baymix. The good thing about making your own is that you can make it exactly how you want.

I only ever tried making it once a few years back but the wife told me it was the best she ever tasted. we dont use it often enough though to make it all the time since its made from raw egg with no preservative.

All it is is oil, eggs and vinegar I think
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:19 am
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

I couldn't agree more! Sugar and soybean and corn syrup???? Mayo is made of eggs and oil and vinegar/seasonings

Someone once said don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't recognise as food. I'm beginning to agree!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.