Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Maylands and Bayswater

Maylands and Bayswater

Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Lance has a spectacular aura aboutLisa and Lance has a spectacular aura aboutLisa and Lance has a spectacular aura about
Default Maylands and Bayswater

Hi

We have decided to make the move over to Perth and have been looking at rentals on realestate.com. I have seen a few nice houses in Maylands and Bayswater seem to be really good value compared to other areas. I was just wondering if there is a reason for this and whether these areas are rough or have high crime rates etc??
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maylands and Bayswater

Originally Posted by Lisa and Lance
Hi

We have decided to make the move over to Perth and have been looking at rentals on realestate.com. I have seen a few nice houses in Maylands and Bayswater seem to be really good value compared to other areas. I was just wondering if there is a reason for this and whether these areas are rough or have high crime rates etc??
They are 2 areas that have been traditionally pretty rough. However, Maylands is gradually being overhauled and some houses near the river are now way over a million. There are still some rough spots though. Bayswater is also up and coming. Both are close to the city.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:14 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maylands and Bayswater

Originally Posted by Lisa and Lance
Hi

I used to live in maylands. Parts of it are quite okay others not so. Avoid streets like 10th avenue that have large unit blocks ( you get a lot of the young and older unemployed etc in them). I lived down 4th avenue way near bardon park and the swan river. Some nice places there.
The main shopping area is in 8th avenue and you will see allsorts around there, but unlikely anyone will hassle you. The big supermarket, Coles, is a bit further down guildford rd, the main arterial rd that runs through maylands.

Bayswater doesn't have a decent shopping centre and is also home to one of the long established bikie gangs (they drink at the bayswater hotel as it's their local pub they don't seem to cause trouble). Can get rough at night around the railway station which is near the bayswater shops and pub.

Last edited by kiwi_child; Jun 17th 2007 at 9:17 am.