Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

maybe moving to perth

maybe moving to perth

Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

juninho25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default maybe moving to perth

Hi all any info would be really helpful. I have an interview for a gas company in kwinana near perth. The pay starts at 100,000$ a year is that good for that part of oz. Also were to rent near were kwinana is and what you would be paying, also any info on other bills you pay per month. I would if i get the job be moving with my wife and two sons aged 14 and 8 so anything on schools and any other info would be great. Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:49 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: maybe moving to perth

Originally Posted by juninho25
Hi all any info would be really helpful. I have an interview for a gas company in kwinana near perth. The pay starts at 100,000$ a year is that good for that part of oz. Also were to rent near were kwinana is and what you would be paying, also any info on other bills you pay per month. I would if i get the job be moving with my wife and two sons aged 14 and 8 so anything on schools and any other info would be great. Thanks
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

As you've asked a few specific questions in the Welcome Inn, I've moved your thread to the Australia forum for you.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 5:40 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

100k is ok but really depends on the role and your qualifications as to if its good pay or not.

Have a look at realestate.com.au for rentals
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

For rentals you have in principle all the options in the Rockingham Shire which is next to your workplace, sort of.

I always say to people, for the beginning it is best to move into a newish house, as it will be in better condition.

Baldivis consists of several new estates, there should be plenty of choice.
Secret Harbour, parts of Port Kennedy, parts of Waikiki would be a choice.
Even a bit further down, eg Lakelands and Meadow Springs would be still fine.
realestate.com.au

A few private schools are around too. Kolbe is doing pretty well in the ranking recently.

Bills is difficult. Check the Western Power website for electricity rates. Without aircon, I would say maybe $400 for 2 months. Water depends if you have a bore or not. Maybe $100/per month incl supply charge. Gas, maybe $100 a month?
Old Mar 9th 2013, 2:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Pay isn't based on location, it is based on occupation, seniority level etc. It is impossible to comment on whether a salary is good or bad based on location.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

gerard duggan is an unknown quantity at this point

hope your interview goes well. how did u go about getting an interview for gas work without being in australia, ive bn tryn everywere but all jobs are advertised as 2-5 yrs oz experience. is there a website that companies advertise on, thank you
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:06 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Pay isn't based on location, it is based on occupation, seniority level etc. It is impossible to comment on whether a salary is good or bad based on location.
Well not strictly true but I take your point.

$100K for "operator" is Kwinana is pretty good.