mattress sizes

Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future
Default mattress sizes

hi
what is the difference in mattress sizes in comparison.

why wont they fit a standard double, r they too long?

simon
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mattress sizes

Originally Posted by cakeychef
hi
what is the difference in mattress sizes in comparison.

why wont they fit a standard double, r they too long?

simon
They should be the same as UK...this table should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by suzimc

Mmm you hvae got me thinking now - we are taking our bed frame but planned to dump our matress as it is getting on a bit and buy a new one over there - I never considered the sizes might be different, just assumed mattress sizes were the same the work over - doh!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonik25
Mmm you hvae got me thinking now - we are taking our bed frame but planned to dump our matress as it is getting on a bit and buy a new one over there - I never considered the sizes might be different, just assumed mattress sizes were the same the work over - doh!
I've just noticed that they're not actually all the same - should have read to the bottom of the table initially - d'oh!

We've just bought a US king sized bed and I am loathed to part with it, but I'm not sure that we'll find a place with a bedroom big enough to fit that and anything else in it. If I do bring it I will certainly be stocking up on bedding in advance!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

sason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the roughsason is a jewel in the rough

Anyone who knows if IKEA sells any king size mattresses? On their site queen size is the largest, but that's a bit narrow for us to share with two kids.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

I've just noticed that they're not actually all the same - should have read to the bottom of the table initially - d'oh!

We've just bought a US king sized bed and I am loathed to part with it, but I'm not sure that we'll find a place with a bedroom big enough to fit that and anything else in it. If I do bring it I will certainly be stocking up on bedding in advance!
Hi

You will, most new homes are designed with large beds in mind, so unless you decide to go into a Victorian Terrace you will have no problems.

We have a huge bed (the size of a super king in the UK) and we have had no problems. I believe US sizes are slightly different again (who knows why) so linen may be a slight problem.

Love the big beds!!!
Abby
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 10:41 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sason
Anyone who knows if IKEA sells any king size mattresses? On their site queen size is the largest, but that's a bit narrow for us to share with two kids.
Be careful. In the UK IKEA sell european sized mattresses. Here they sell Aussie sized mattresses. Could be a problem. It was for us.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Hi

You will, most new homes are designed with large beds in mind, so unless you decide to go into a Victorian Terrace you will have no problems.

We have a huge bed (the size of a super king in the UK) and we have had no problems. I believe US sizes are slightly different again (who knows why) so linen may be a slight problem.

Love the big beds!!!
Abby
Ooh good, thanks Abby. I'll be off to stock up on my linen then! I'm loving the whole big bed thing too
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:35 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

If you're bringing beds over with you then definately stock up on bedding as it is quite pricey here!

Lorraine
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
If you're bringing beds over with you then definately stock up on bedding as it is quite pricey here!

Lorraine
And it's cheap as chips here
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

dolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=suzimc]They should be the same as UK...this table should help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed[/QUOT

To carry mattress or bed half way across the globe to find its compatible other part does not match! thanks for the advance warning.
What r u ppl ............angels or ppl who thought of everything ?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=dolly123]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed[/QUOT

To carry mattress or bed half way across the globe to find its compatible other part does not match! thanks for the advance warning.
What r u ppl ............angels or ppl who thought of everything ?
Nah, OCD!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

HI,

As far as I am aware Queen size beds here are the same as King size in the UK, ie: 5ft. King Size here is equivalent to Super King Size in the UK. Ikea have funny sizes, best to measure if buying from them. I have bought 2 kid's single beds here from Capn Snooze and the bedding and duvets from Ikea and it all fits ok.

Jo
Old Oct 4th 2006, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
HI,

As far as I am aware Queen size beds here are the same as King size in the UK, ie: 5ft. King Size here is equivalent to Super King Size in the UK. Ikea have funny sizes, best to measure if buying from them. I have bought 2 kid's single beds here from Capn Snooze and the bedding and duvets from Ikea and it all fits ok.

Jo
right thats it, im leaving the bed here, its just all too confusing for my poorly head right now.