Reload this Page >

maths tutor in brisbane

maths tutor in brisbane

Old Nov 7th 2007, 6:46 am
JoW
Just Joined

JoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Question maths tutor in brisbane

We will be moving to brisbane in January 2008 from Dubai. Our kids will be going to Ormiston College and I just wondered if anyone knows of a private maths tutor for my 10 year old son. Otherwise does anyone have any idea on where I should look to find out this info?

Thanks very much

JoW
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:55 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: maths tutor in brisbane

Originally Posted by JoW
We will be moving to brisbane in January 2008 from Dubai. Our kids will be going to Ormiston College and I just wondered if anyone knows of a private maths tutor for my 10 year old son. Otherwise does anyone have any idea on where I should look to find out this info?

Thanks very much

JoW
Check with the school as they sometimes have people who moonlight as tutors or know of someone who is. Also you could try
www.kumon.com.au
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoW

Thanks very much

JoW
Wait until you get here. The school may automatically put him on extra maths classes if he has a problem. Stuff is taught at different times here and if you wait until he's done a term, they will have more of an idea of what help he needs.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:17 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

You can always look me up when you get here

I was a high school math teacher in Canada but won't be working here for a while because my two kids are still at home. I would be quite happy to tutor on a casual basis.

I live in Capalaba just south of Alexandra Hills so I shouldn't be too far away from you.

Just PM me if you're ever interested.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

Yes we have the best he comes to your house and works through what the kids are doing at school and immediatley picked up what the problem was .
Can pm his phone number

regards
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:05 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

question............why, if your paying top dollar for ormiston college shouldnt the school be helping out?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:12 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
question............why, if your paying top dollar for ormiston college shouldnt the school be helping out?
She's not even there yet, so who's to know if the school will or won't help or even if her son needs a tutor.

It would be great if they had some sort of tutoring or after school extra help program in place. I don't know the school so have no idea if they have something like that.

I'm guessing the OP is just trying to be prepared and have some names handy for when they arrive.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 1:27 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

If i was paying 5 grand a year for my son to go to school i wouldn't expect to pay extra for a maths tutor..after all it is one of the top schools in Qld
Old Nov 8th 2007, 2:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
If i was paying 5 grand a year for my son to go to school i wouldn't expect to pay extra for a maths tutor..after all it is one of the top schools in Qld
You and me both but in the UK an expensive private school near us didn't and half the kids were at the local Kumon centre because they were falling behind. No idea if it's the same here.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:47 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Our kids have done both Kumon and Kip McGrath, they were bored to tears with Kumon (we were too - had to mark the homework!) but loved Kip, their maths improved so much and it gave them a lot more confidence with their school work.

They did 2 x 80 min Kip Sessions a week, there are holiday courses too.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Kip McGrath are good:

www.kipmcgrath.com.au

Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:43 am
JoW
Just Joined

JoW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for all your help guys.

To Ugly Betty and Comet555 - I'll be in touch when I arrive.

JoW
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:09 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by JoW
Thanks very much for all your help guys.

To Ugly Betty and Comet555 - I'll be in touch when I arrive.

JoW
Good luck with the move over. I hope the kids love it here