On the market

Old Mar 7th 2005, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: On the market

Originally Posted by scissors
Thanks and good luck to you too,whereabouts in brissy are you heading?

tracey.
We are heading for the gold coast initially to impose on Shecha, she arrived on the weekend lucky thing. Then we will scout for jobs, and wherever that takes us!!! I am looking forward to the Brissie girls night out, so if you get there before us keep my seat warm!!! You will have to post the photos on the forum!!!
Look forward to hearing your updates on the house good luck!!!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:07 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey

Wishing you a very swift house selling experience. Hope you get the price you want. We are 4 months in now without a buyer in sight but I have to keep telling myself that at least all the house work is good for one thing - the waistline!!! It's just the comfort eating when you haven't had a viewing for a while that undoes all the good!

Keep positive!

Binbird
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:10 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: On the market

Good luck with your sale tracey let's hope its a quick one
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:19 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi Tracey

Wishing you a very swift house selling experience. Hope you get the price you want. We are 4 months in now without a buyer in sight but I have to keep telling myself that at least all the house work is good for one thing - the waistline!!! It's just the comfort eating when you haven't had a viewing for a while that undoes all the good!

Keep positive!

Binbird
All the alcohol for the nerves doesn't do your liver much good either!!!!

Note to self: cross liver off donor card...
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Yeah good luck with it, we're just putting finishing touches to our house before we get the agents round for a price.

Property seems to be moving locally so fingers crossed!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Good luck with the house sale, ours will be on the market in a couple of weeks. What is the going rate for estate agents and how do you get them down?
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:57 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
What is the going rate for estate agents and how do you get them down?
going rate is whatever you can beat them down to with a big stick!!!

Get a few round.....once you have one price....you get another round and see if he'll beat his rival's rate....then you call the first one back and tell him his rival's beaten his....and can he beat it...and so on...

Good luck!!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by artep
going rate is whatever you can beat them down to with a big stick!!!

Get a few round.....once you have one price....you get another round and see if he'll beat his rival's rate....then you call the first one back and tell him his rival's beaten his....and can he beat it...and so on...

Good luck!!
I second that advice.

We bought AND sold about 5 yr ago and got a 1% deal with a very short tie in (2 weeks I think).

The big stick helps!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dicko
Good luck Tracey, welcome to the nightmare and I hope you have better luck than us, I was hoping to go January (had visa since Sept) were still here, my story is well documented on here.

Anyway keep the chin up and don't let the b****rds grind you down

D,K,J,B,J
ooooh sounds like a nightmare for you,and many others on here,im not looking forward to this at all,i think its worse than waiting for your visas from what i can gather.

Good luck dicko...karma on its way

tracey.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

We've had two agents round so far. The one last night seemed really good but then my neighbour told me that they were getting rid of them because they hadn't had a single viewing in 8 weeks! They all sound really good when they come round but the actual experience is something else
So now I'm going to ask a third agent round. How do you know who to trust? Oh, and I didn't get any good deals I'm afraid. First agent was 1.25% plus VAT, the second was a fixed scale charging £3,100 plus VAT :scared: It seems that quite a few agencies are now all part of the same group, Countrywide, and there seems to be a set way of doing things.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

We got ours to accept 0.75%

all relative really as we have just reduced by £10,000 to try and get it sold funny how the house you loved for so long can become a liability

anyone want to buy a 5 bedroomed house in the Heatons I have the perfect one
yes i will try anything to sell the bugger !!!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
We've had two agents round so far. The one last night seemed really good but then my neighbour told me that they were getting rid of them because they hadn't had a single viewing in 8 weeks! They all sound really good when they come round but the actual experience is something else
So now I'm going to ask a third agent round. How do you know who to trust? Oh, and I didn't get any good deals I'm afraid. First agent was 1.25% plus VAT, the second was a fixed scale charging £3,100 plus VAT :scared: It seems that quite a few agencies are now all part of the same group, Countrywide, and there seems to be a set way of doing things.
hi sue,the best i could get was 1.25% most of them round here seem to be charging 2% one was 2.2% and they wouldnt budge at all,i had real problems getting 1.25% and i could only get that with a 16 wk tie in,im wondering now if ive done the right thing with that ive had 5 agents round and thats the best i could get,like youve said you dont know who to trust,i just hope ive made the right decision

Good luck with yours,tracey.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:31 am
....is FAB

hi sue,the best i could get was 1.25% most of them round here seem to be charging 2% one was 2.2% and they wouldnt budge at all,i had real problems getting 1.25% and i could only get that with a 16 wk tie in,im wondering now if ive done the right thing with that ive had 5 agents round and thats the best i could get,like youve said you dont know who to trust,i just hope ive made the right decision

Good luck with yours,tracey.
Hiya Tracey!

If that was the best deal you could get then the decision was the right one. All you can do is make sure they earn their money. If you're really not happy with them, when 14 weeks are up you can send them their notice to terminate the agreement. Then their 2 week notice is served during the contract period and not after.

Fingers crossed for you!
Petra
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:46 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

good luck Scissors...

It's waiting for someone to make an offer that is horrible for us right now.. we've had 16 viewings in the past month.. and not one bl**dy offer and we're not overpriced either..
Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Put the house on the market today,managed to beat the estate agent down to 1.25% thats the best i could get i think he thought i was a dragon,lol, no comments please so here goes,the nail biting starts.....omg what have we done :scared:

tracey.

Hiya Tracey

Just seen your post....your now officially in the moaning house selling club

Good luck babe

Sue x.... fingers crossed for a quick sale!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.