Reload this Page >

Marburg - Ipswich

Marburg - Ipswich

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough
Default Marburg - Ipswich

Hi

Just wondered whether anyone could tell me is Marbugh classed as part of Ipswich. How far away?

I have already read posts on Ipswich - some good/some not so good views - but anyone enlighten me on best places to live if working in Marburg??

Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marburg - Ipswich

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
Hi

Just wondered whether anyone could tell me is Marbugh classed as part of Ipswich. How far away?

I have already read posts on Ipswich - some good/some not so good views - but anyone enlighten me on best places to live if working in Marburg??

Thanks
Wikipedia says it it part of Ipswich: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marburg,_Queensland

Marburg is the name of a small township of 536 inhabitants located 60 km west of Brisbane, the capital of the State of Queensland, Australia. It is a township in the City of Ipswich.
German settlers arrived in the region around the 1860s. The story goes that, when the station master of the nearby Walloon railway station asked the settlers were they lived, the settlers responded with 'ober dar'. He felt that 'ober dar' should have a proper name and since he had read an article about a town in Germany called 'Marburg' he decided to register their produce as coming from 'Marburg'. The settlers liked this solution and the name stuck.

I guess you could live at Springfield Lakes, Karana Downs or Toowoomba or how about in Marburg. Wiith only 536 people they would appreciate it
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by daddyoconnor
Hi

Thanks
You will presumably be Emu farming, another first for BE
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:38 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
German settlers arrived in the region around the 1860s. The story goes that, when the station master of the nearby Walloon railway station asked the settlers were they lived, the settlers responded with 'ober dar'.
"ober dar"? were they drunk or something? what does ober dar mean?!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 5:45 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
"ober dar"? were they drunk or something? what does ober dar mean?!
er..over there??? lol
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

daddyoconnor will become famous soon enough

Even I knew that..........