Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Many Stages of Poms

The Many Stages of Poms

Old Apr 1st 2003, 9:36 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Ah me Little Luvlies, an effort not too rotten. More a Bill of Gripes, but that's alright.

Now, me pet Poms, lets have 'em all, If I get some good'uns I might synthesise the definitive "Stages of Poms", might save all this gum bumping and teeth gnashing.

Last edited by Megalania; Apr 1st 2003 at 11:41 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2003, 10:56 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Marlo
68. Ah at last 65 hour working week over, yawn!!
69. Social life.....too tired!
70. Social life.....Weather permitting!
71. "Can I have swimming lessons mum?" "Yeah sure lets get on the waiting list, sports centre will phone us next year if they have a place"!
72. Going to the beach......at own risk, might catch something, UK beaches not known for the cleanliness.
73. Paedophiles pull up in school play grounds to grab kids! True story!!
74. Over 50% of Brits want to leave the UK! Why?!
75. Future for kids :scared:
76. School = Joke!!
77. Too many people suffering from SAD, too many kids with M.E.
78. Too many people!!
80. Too many parasites!
81. Friends & family want out too!
82. Take the shades off you`ll see clearer, remember why you left.
83. Over to you!!

Love it sounds just like Australia so why move?

Just another great day in the land of plenty oh joy.

A GROWING number of families cannot provide safe homes for their children, according to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare

WA HOSPITAL executives have calculated that medical procedures and administrative mistakes in public hospitals could cost more than $28 million to defend or settle.

MANY low-income parents of teenagers find themselves plunged into the depths of poverty because Australia's family payment system failed to meet their needs.

A new study to be released by the Australian Council of Social Services today shows some families were expected to support their teenagers on only $83 a week when the real direct cost was between $160 and $213 a week.

ABORIGINAL leaders have launched a blistering attack on the Federal Government and media, accusing them of blaming ATSIC for every problem in Aboriginal Australia.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 1st 2003 at 11:05 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

mx5rabbitohs is an unknown quantity at this point

100. Too many POMS immigrating for the WRONG reasons eg sun and beaches....

101..i've said this countless times.....

102. go for the right reasons, remember its not all Home and Away and Neighbours....
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:43 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: The Many Stages of Poms

Originally posted by Florida_03

895. Llanwit Major's beach wasn't really that bad...when you could get a nice big boulder to spread the towel on...and the Bristol channel looks nice when the light is just right...and the rubbish has gone out with the tide...
896. Honey we're home...
Florida, you "different" Brisbane person you - I wonder why the hell you went there, don't you know anything about Wales, obviously not. I suppose you go to a couple of places and think this is wales or this is the UK - do you think London is England? Or , Kings cross, or packed Bondi reflects all of Australia too?

just one beach of the many in Gower - if you care to search on Gower or find the tourist site - you'll see many wonderful beaches and hidden coves along the gower peninsula.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest...angenith.shtml

Interesting reading this forum there on "beaches", letters from people not just in Wales, but American's canadians and English too -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest.../beaches.shtml

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Apr 3rd 2003 at 3:12 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

http://www.rag.org.au/default.htm (a link from my favourites being the kind soul I am and fighting for Australians to keep their environment in order - I'm actually a member of a few envioronmental groups here , especially for fishing reasons)

So many anti -pollution and environment issue action groups in lovely pristine Brisbane to join , oh what a choice for a whinging pom- "luvely Jubbley", Now which one should I join next? Maybe the one for wrecking the river with pollution from local industries, such as a paper mill on the banks of the lovely brown river, or maybe I should join the one for trawling the dirty sewage ridden river for so called pristine bay prawns, or what about the one which chops down trees for a golf course where the highly endangered sugar glider lives - no better not, that one won't work as I sit and wonder why the council land cleared an area near me where Koalas once lived , against all local community wishes and protests –
Or maybe I should ask what happened to my complaint about the trawler running oil and cleaning fluids into a breeding creek – I gave them the film, but still no word – oh I thought it was a huge no- no a - few grand fine if caught, but never mind I don’t suppose he can do much damage to our lovely brown river, which nobody swims in for fear of catching something.

Ah I found a cause - lets put up more needle bins in our beach public toilets, we must cater to the druggy – whatever was I thinking about!, These druggys are such a welcome tourist to our area, no good spending money on real needy kids, and old people – those old people about to die anyway, those druggys need bins! Or lets put yet more police on the roads to catch the hoons that hold races every weekend on Anzac ave. we need more speed cameras, and radar guns – we need to fill the councillors with more spending money for their so called private expense accounts. B*gger the fact that some poor teacher was held at knifepoint in the local school carpark last week by an unknown man. B*gger the fact that there are break and enters every week here in this lovely quiet neighbourhood - we need more speed cameras!, we can’t fight crime without our lovely speed cameras – oh caught a young hoon – he was speeding 5 k’s over the limit – you criminal you!
Or how about putting an ugly tower block near the waters edge against all resident wishes – we need more ugly buildings next to the waters edge along with the drug bins in the toilets – ahh lovely..

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Apr 3rd 2003 at 1:58 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:50 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
Florida, you "different" Brisbane person you - I wonder why the hell you went there, don't you know anything about Wales, obviously not. I suppose you go to a couple of places and think this is wales or this is the UK - do you think London is England? Or , Kings cross, or packed Bondi reflects all of Australia too?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest...angenith.shtml

Interesting reading this forum there on "beaches", letters from people not just in Wales, but American's canadians and English too -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest.../beaches.shtml

cheers

Must add having lived in Saundersfoot South Wales you are not far wrong girl , compairs very well with Aussie beaches.

http://www.saundersfoot.co.uk/index.html

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 2:37 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

It's got to be Bamburgh beach on the northumberland coast line:

http://www.nnouk.com/beabam01.htm
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by jayr

Got to agree with you there - certainly the prettiest beach I've been to (in England, Scotland and Wales).

Visited it in November on a windy day - beautiful but v.v. cold!

AndyH

P.S. Ceri - I've edit my reply so that you can click on the link and it will take you there

Last edited by jah4reds; Apr 3rd 2003 at 3:35 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:06 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by jayr

I can't get the page - is that link working?

anyone want to post some beaches in Cornwall too - after my beaches in Gower - I'm a cornwall fan - sorry I do not know many of the other beaches in England - I haven't travelled through England much, and only used to holiday in Cornwall and Devon.

cheers
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:29 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Pick up any grain of sand and see the world but pick up an ammonite...
giant ammonites, flying reptiles and dinosaurs
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:37 am
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania

Thats where we went on a holiday when I was kid! Beautiful part of the world!
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:58 am
Y Ddraig Goch

As a young child I used to Fossil hunt on a beach somewhere - I can't remember where it was, dug up the old shell fossils - if you've ever seen them, you'll what I'm taking about - red. (millions of years old) - in the red sands of a cliff, also a known place for dinosaur bones -although I never found any bones . It was in the essex region somewhere, or surrounds - should explain , my grandparents and mum used to live in the essex region, near colchester way after leaving Ireland. Anyway, I used to visit my grandparents every summer holidays as a young kid for a few weeks , and my dad and I would go to this certain beach, it was a bit of a drive - red sands, with cliffs to fossil hunt.

It's a known fossil place - but for the life of me I can't remember where it was. Anyone know where this is? not a lot to go on I know

thanks

Last edited by Ceri; Apr 3rd 2003 at 4:19 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 3:58 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, try this link again for Bamburgh

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 4:19 am
Banned

Originally posted by Ceri
As a young child I used to Fossil hunt on a beach somewhere - I can't remember where it was, dug up the old shell fossils - if you've ever seen them, you'll what I'm taking about - red. (millions of years old) - in the red sands of a cliff, also a known place for dinosaur bones -although I never found any bones . It was in the essex region somewhere - should explain , my grandparents and mum used to live in the essex region after leaving Ireland. Anyway, I used to visit my grandparents every summer holidays as a young kid for a few weeks , and my dad and I would go to this certain beach - red sands, with cliffs to fossil hunt.

It's a known fossil place - but for the life of me I can't remember where it was. Anyone know where this is? not a lot to go on I know

thanks
Probably Dorset:
Geological Map of Central and Eastern Dorset

Much younger fossils in Essex:
Walton-on-the-Naze

Last edited by Megalania; Apr 3rd 2003 at 4:44 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 5:27 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Much younger fossils in Essex:
Walton-on-the-Naze
You know I think that may be it - I was a young child at the time, and can only remember the cliffs with red sand, and my father and I digging away for hours in the side of the soft cliff - and carrying bags full of old red delicate (very fragile) fossil shells back to my grandparents - kept fthem for many years , but they eventually got binned

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.