Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manly to Chatswood Bus (Sydney)

Manly to Chatswood Bus (Sydney)

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice
Default Manly to Chatswood Bus (Sydney)

A long shot, but does anyone have any experience of taking the bus from Manly into Chatswood to work? Obviously the Military Road and Spit Bridge look a nightmare, but I heard that the 143 (I think) uses a dedicated bus lane and that may help.

Any thoughts based on experince would be appreciated.

Or. is the traffic much lighter say around 7am before the mad rush?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manly to Chatswood Bus (Sydney)

I remember looking at this when I was working in Chatswood - I couldn't believe how long it took! Something like 90 mins???
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

According to sydney buses there are options taking less than an hour. I find the timings on there seem to be reasonably accurate. All the buses uses dedicated bus lanes.

Traffic into the city is already pretty busy at 6.30am, but would probaby be much lighter on this route.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:06 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hell no, don't do it. I once took the bus from Fairlight (next to Manly) to Chatswood, about 3pm on a very hot day. It took so long I almost had to wring out my skirt when I got there - no aircon.

If you must do that journey, and not drive, look at changing to a train at North Sydney.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

michael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud of

I work in Chatswood with people from Manly who take that bus. I
They are always complaining about it, and some days the delays are so bad they are 30 mins to an hour late.