Reload this Page >

Mandurah WA - nice area?

Mandurah WA - nice area?

Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

norain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mandurah WA - nice area?

Hi everyone,

We would be very grateful for any information about Mandurah, Secret Harbour and other suburbs in the south of Perth...

We will be moving to Australia in approx March/April - depending when our Visas come through.
My job will be in Secret Harbour and we are looking to live somewhere close by - maybe Mandurah.

Many thanks,

Liz and Trevor
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

BandiCoot2Oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mandurah WA - nice area?

Originally Posted by norain
Hi everyone,

We would be very grateful for any information about Mandurah, Secret Harbour and other suburbs in the south of Perth...

We will be moving to Australia in approx March/April - depending when our Visas come through.
My job will be in Secret Harbour and we are looking to live somewhere close by - maybe Mandurah.

Many thanks,

Liz and Trevor
Hi my Relatives live in Secret Harbour and we were there a couple of years ago for Christmas it was a great place to live, The beach is a surfers beach but still ok, there is a great golf course and the people seemed nice enough, Mandurah is also very nice with the foreshore being the main attraction of the city. hope this helps.

Steve
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:34 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BandiCoot2Oz
Hi my Relatives live in Secret Harbour and we were there a couple of years ago for Christmas it was a great place to live, The beach is a surfers beach but still ok, there is a great golf course and the people seemed nice enough, Mandurah is also very nice with the foreshore being the main attraction of the city. hope this helps.

Steve
Hi guys,

We live in Secret Harbour. It's a fab area. Mandurah is great and has all the facitlities that you need.

What will you be doing work wise?

Anything I can do to help, just shout!

Jules x
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:09 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Secret Harbour (or little Britain as it's known), just fab, nice place to bring up kids.

Inflated house prices though! cheaper to build than buy.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

norain is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Mandurah WA - nice area?

Thanks for all your replies!

We have heard nothing bad so far about Secret Harbour or Mandurah...

House prices seem quite expensive, but compared to London (where we are now) we will be okay I think...

I will be working as a GP and my husband and 1 year old daughter will come as my dependants. My husband is a construction/site manager - I am sure he'll find a job quickly.

We were thinking to live in Mandurah and rent initially.

It is so exciting! The sale of our house here in the UK is now agreed and we are just hanging out for the visas. It is a very loooooong process for me as I will work in healthcare. I need to register with about a zillion medical boards and colleges before I can even think about applying for a visa - well, hopefully the recruitement agent knows what he is doing

E&T
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

When I first enquired about Mandurah (on this board) back in 2001, nobody seemed to have heard of the place - just do a search on the place name now, and see how things have changed!

It's just as hard to see a GP here now as it was in the UK, I can expect a 3 week wait if I want to see our family doctor. The whole family is registered with the practice, so I can at least get a short notice appointment with any doctor, but if the phone calls the receptionist takes whenever I'm sitting in the waiting-room are anything to go by, they could easily recruit another GP for the workload. There do seem to be a lot of new practices springing up in Mandurah just lately, thankfully, what with the population boom. I'm sure your husband will have no problems finding a job here, everywhere you go there is building going on.

We've lived here five and a half years now, and have no regrets at all. We thought the city was lovely when we first arrived, and it just keeps getting better.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Mandurah WA - nice area?

Our sponsor's husband is a GP in Mandurah !!
They have been there for 15 years. we will be there too by the end of the year.