mandurah subs

Old Apr 7th 2007, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

ade brunn is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool mandurah subs

Hello to every one on this site what a great site you may have guessed im new to this site ,
Just wondering if anybody knows of the good and bad areas of mandurah will be moving there at end of april having trouble finding property(rental) plus does any body know of any good meet and greet companies.
hope this not to much to ask Thanks to every one for a grate site ade....
Old Apr 7th 2007, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all
Default Re: mandurah subs

Hi Ade

welcome to the site, hope you find it informative. We are just putting my house on the market and we will be off to Mandurah ourselves. We are looking at all areas between Wannanup (Port Bouvard area) along the coast to Madora Bay. We are considering San Remo, Madora Bay, Seascapes, Halls Head, Port Bouvard, Silver Sands. We have been guided to stay away from Greenfields and Dudley Park area but as they are not as nice. My OH and myself are 29 & 34 yrs and have no children. A friend of mine's daughter goes to Frederick Irwin school and she seems to like it. It is nice around those areas but some of the houses are in the $500+ range. Realestate.com.au is very helpful and so is Portbouvard.com.au also.
If you need anything then please do not hesitate to pm me.

Watty'n'Arls
Old Apr 7th 2007, 5:33 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ade brunn
Hello to every one on this site what a great site you may have guessed im new to this site ,
Just wondering if anybody knows of the good and bad areas of mandurah will be moving there at end of april having trouble finding property(rental) plus does any body know of any good meet and greet companies.

Welcome to the site, some people say to steer clear of greenfields but all in all I can't see a lot wrong with Mandurah, it's a place of many guises

Somewhere you go to die

Great fishing

Millionaires playground, Port Bouvard etc

Beautiful foreshore

Access to some amazing country, Yalgorup, Preston beach, whitehills etc...

A new rail link shortly to open in Jul/Aug (if we're lucky)

You can't go wrong really if you like a blue rinse or two
Old Apr 7th 2007, 5:34 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi Ade

welcome to the site, hope you find it informative. We are just putting my house on the market and we will be off to Mandurah ourselves. We are looking at all areas between Wannanup (Port Bouvard area) along the coast to Madora Bay. We are considering San Remo, Madora Bay, Seascapes, Halls Head, Port Bouvard, Silver Sands. We have been guided to stay away from Greenfields and Dudley Park area but as they are not as nice. My OH and myself are 29 & 34 yrs and have no children. A friend of mine's daughter goes to Frederick Irwin school and she seems to like it. It is nice around those areas but some of the houses are in the $500+ range. Realestate.com.au is very helpful and so is Portbouvard.com.au also.
If you need anything then please do not hesitate to pm me.

Watty'n'Arls
Had a sundowner with some friends at San Remo last night...........stunning
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Billy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ade Brunn

I have sent you a personal message regarding a 3 x 1 property that may be of interest to you ........

Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

I have also questioned and made searches several times as to why precisely one has to stay away from suburbs like Greenfields but i have not had a clear answer so far.

It seems house for rent is quite hard to find those days in mandurah. Any suggestion...
I am looking forward to moving there in June-July.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 4:28 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Cool Re: mandurah subs

Hi

i live in madora bay and there is a few houses there to rentthere usually is there i live in the old madora bay great place right on the beach the rental prices here i think are very reasonable depending on what you are willing to spend well we have been in aussy now for 11 months and 2 days i rent a 3and 1 bathroom for $180 he was looking for $200 but i offered $180 cash up front for six months and he went for it and 11 months on still here at the same price.

just bought land and house just waiting for the bugger to get built hopefully start soon.

realeastate.com.au

download google earth and you can see all the suburbs you are intested in.

Last edited by jocky boy; Apr 8th 2007 at 4:32 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jocky boy
Hi

i live in madora bay and there is a few houses there to rent there usually is there i live in the old madora bay great place right on the beach the rental prices here i think are very reasonable depending on what you are willing to spend well we have been in aussy now for 11 months and 2 days i rent a 3and 1 bathroom for $180 he was looking for $200 but i offered $180 cash up front for six months and he went for it and 11 months on still here at the same price.

just bought land and house just waiting for the bugger to get built hopefully start soon.

realeastate.com.au

download google earth and you can see all the suburbs you are intested in.

Hi Jocky
It's great to see you are enjoying your stay in Mandurah.

Yeah - i think $.180 is reasonable and i hope to be able to find an accommodation when i arrive hopefully in July-Aug..If i get you right, it's not that hard to find a house to rent ...If a house is hard to find, i may as well look for units or appartments if availbale.

Any thoughts about other suburbs..
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We too were told to steer clear of Greenfields and Dudley Park. Now they are the places that real estate agents are telling everyone to look at! My children have friends that live in these suburbs, I know people myself there, and to be honest, there's no reason to avoid these suburbs. Everyone says go to Halls Head, for instance, but there are rough streets there too, just like every other place in the world. Look in the local paper, and see how many break-ins are reported in Halls Head each week, or any other of the "nicer" suburbs.

It's a shame that suburbs get a bad name, just because the newspapers reported a serious crime or something that happened years ago, and then the suburb is "labelled" as one to avoid. No doubt there are concentrations of council housing or aboriginal populations you might want to avoid, and very near to the hospital there is a definite concentration of old people's homes, but I'm sure you will find there are plenty of lovely streets in Dudley Park or Greenfields, and the prices will be somewhat cheaper - although not for long given the push at the moment. Greenfields is better placed for access to private schools (such as Frederick Irwin), the new train station, the TAFE and Uni campus site, the hospital, and all the big retail park shopping areas. The main shopping centre and swimming pool are within walking distance for many residents of Greenfields and Dudley Park. You won't get beach-front properties here of course, but we know many people who have moved away from being so close to the beach because of all the sand, wind, salt-corrosion etc.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:22 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Check out Port Bouvard.

http://www.portbouvard.com.au/pbsite/northport.htm

We live in Northport and we absolutely love it. From here you can easily walk to the beach, canals and Piazza, a lovely primary school and it is a few minutes drive to the brand new local shopping centre, a surf beach, an off road beach and to the estuary. To search for property in Port Bouvard go to www.realestate.com.au or REIWA and type in Wannanup.

There are a couple of Mandurah meet up groups around. PM me just before you come and I'll let you know what's happening.

ACE