Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Manchester Meet in August

Manchester Meet in August

Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold
Default Manchester Meet in August

Hello fellow Northeners

Anyone fancy meeting up in Manchester City Centre Saturday 5th August or Saturday 12th August.
Please say which date you prefer and we'll go with the majority.
Drinks from around 7pm.

I know a few people are leaving for Oz in August (us 2) and some are leaving early September so its a chance to say, see you on the other side.

Also I think a few people from the last meet will have their visas through by August so it will be one big celebration.

I can arrange a venue for the start of the night so we can all chat and then we can do whatever, Pub crawl in Deansgate, go to Manchester Locks and sit by canal, go to trendy bars or down to earth beer houses, Aussie pub Walkabout, dance to cheesy pop in the Ritz,

Oh! the list is endless I should work for the Manchester tourist board.

So who's up for it, or as they say in Manchester " Mad For It"

Mandy.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:24 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester Meet in August

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Hello fellow Northeners

Anyone fancy meeting up in Manchester City Centre Saturday 5th August or Saturday 12th August.
Drinks from around 7pm.

I know a few people are leaving for Oz in August (us 2) and some are leaving early September so its a chance to say, see you on the other side.

Also I think a few people from the last meet will have their visas through by August so it will be one big celebration.

I can arrange a venue for the start of the night so we can all chat and then we can do whatever, Pub crawl in Deansgate, go to Manchester Locks and sit by canal, go to trendy bars or down to earth beer houses, Aussie pub Walkabout, dance to cheesy pop in the Ritz,

Mandy.
Mandy I'm mad for it! ....or perhaps I'm just mad!

5th is out for me already booked on that night.

12th should be ok, off duty not out yet but I have requested the night off.

I think all of the above sounds great, will we fit all that in during one night?? I might need to wear trainers myself all that walking about Manchester!

Jackie x
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

I think all of the above sounds great, will we fit all that in during one night?? I might need to wear trainers myself all that walking about Manchester!

Jackie x
But they wont let you in anywhere....lol
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Jackie x
I think we'll be lucky if we manage to leave the 1st pub, I think you should wear stilletos. Mindblower You behave and wear shoes. All mad people welcome, or just come along and meet mad people.
Is there a Mr. JFW.

Mand
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mindblower
But they wont let you in anywhere....lol
Hi cheeky chops which day is best for you? without trainers preferably.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:52 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi cheeky chops which day is best for you? without trainers preferably.
cheeky chops!

OMG Dave...you have a new nic name!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

cheeky chops!

OMG Dave...you have a new nic name!
His Nickname is "No Entry" LOL
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Hello fellow Northeners

Drinks from around 7pm.

Mandy.
Hiya Mandy

Put us two down for August 12th. Can we go somewhere to chat first as we are newbies to this meet thing and would like to get to know you all before we (me in particular) have too much to drink!

Cheers
Jo & John
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:54 pm
Living the Dream!

I think we'll be lucky if we manage to leave the 1st pub, I think you should wear stilletos. Mindblower You behave and wear shoes. All mad people welcome, or just come along and meet mad people.
Is there a Mr. JFW.

Mand
Yes there is a Mr JFW. He is quite shy though!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joeyb
Hiya Mandy

Put us two down for August 12th. Can we go somewhere to chat first as we are newbies to this meet thing and would like to get to know you all before we (me in particular) have too much to drink!

Cheers
Jo & John
No problem Jo & John, Welcome to BE. Keep your eye on this thread and we will finalise nearer the time. Look forward to meeting you both.
Mandy & John
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yes there is a Mr JFW. He is quite shy though!
Jackie
is Mr JFW coming on the 12th, oooh! err! missus that sounds like a comment Russel Brand would make, hee! hee!.
Mandy
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:17 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Hello fellow Northeners

Drinks from around 7pm.

Mandy.
Yep, good idea Mandy. We are busy around that time with festivals/holidays (possibly!)/anniversary/house sale (Gulp!) but will definitely try to come.

Will have to confirm nearer the time...

Graham
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northerner
Yep, good idea Mandy. We are busy around that time with festivals/holidays (possibly!)/anniversary/house sale (Gulp!) but will definitely try to come.

Graham
I hope you can both come, We have to be out of our house 28th July. Then We'll be homeless vagrants living in cardboard boxes in Deansgate :scared: Till we finish working our notices on the 11th August. We'll be the ones with the detached box, I'm never going semi detached again not after the hassle with my existing house neighbours. LOL. We will only have a pool if someones dog cocks its leg up the side of our box (how dare it !!!). Johns birthday is the 4th August and my 40th aaaggghhh!!!!! where did that come from is on the 16th Aug and our wedding anniversary is on the 20th. Please don't send cards as our box may not have a letter box yet.
Hope to see you both in August
Mandy & John
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northerner

Graham

Hi Graham pictures on your blog are great, gosh we were all so well behaved, and a great bunch of people turned up. Nics letter was excellent to Tony B. John and I have both worked for the NHS, over a period of many years and we thought it was excellent and even though J is senior management hence 3 months notice, he totally agreed and was really impressed.
Mandy
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:53 am
Living the Dream!

Jackie
is Mr JFW coming on the 12th, oooh! err! missus that sounds like a comment Russel Brand would make, hee! hee!.
Mandy
Hi Mandy,

Yes he will come along...he came to the first two meets and really enjoyed them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.