Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

man, women & 2 teenage girls moving perth

man, women & 2 teenage girls moving perth

Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

hevvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile man, women & 2 teenage girls moving perth

never done this before...no idea how to use the "forum" so if this comes out like rubbish im sorry i cant be blamed??
husband just been offered job in perth. 2 girls 14 (cant wait) 16 (doent really want to move) me 40 something. Husband def 40 something!!
most threads.. see getting into the lingo.. have little kids. anyone got any advice for stroppy teenagers???
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all
Default Re: man, women & 2 teenage girls moving perth

Originally Posted by hevvy

never done this before...no idea how to use the "forum" so if this comes out like rubbish im sorry i cant be blamed??
husband just been offered job in perth. 2 girls 14 (cant wait) 16 (doent really want to move) me 40 something. Husband def 40 something!!
most threads.. see getting into the lingo.. have little kids. anyone got any advice for stroppy teenagers???
Sorry can't help with the stroppy teenagers just wanted to say WELCOME!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

thanks...
i must have done it right !!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

No advice really but at the top of the page is a search button, this topic has been discussed before so you might find some threads on the subject.

Good luck, you will love Perth, we are going again in May for another previsa trip.

Cx
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

were off in july and have a 16yr old lad he cant wait!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
No advice really but at the top of the page is a search button, this topic has been discussed before so you might find some threads on the subject.

Good luck, you will love Perth, we are going again in May for another previsa trip.

Cx
thanks for the advice will check it out x
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

We have one of those 16 year old lad though, one minute we're ruining his life and the next he can't wait, I think you just need to assure them everything will be ok sell the weather and life style to them its hard but at least they'll have to go back to school for year 12 and they'll make friends there, its hard but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Good luck
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beccie
We have one of those 16 year old lad though, one minute we're ruining his life and the next he can't wait, I think you just need to assure them everything will be ok sell the weather and life style to them its hard but at least they'll have to go back to school for year 12 and they'll make friends there, its hard but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Good luck
are you sure?? i thought the year they are 17 is year 12??
my daughter is 17 this may so will have to go to uni??
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. We're in Perth with a 13.5 girl and 11 year old boy. When we first told them we were moving to Australia we knicknamed them "I'm not going" and "You can't make me". Last weekend we were talking about who to name as their guardian should anything happen to us. We asked if they wanted to go back to Canada to live with my sister or live here in Australia. Both of them immediately said they wanted to live with Sam (another poster here in Perth with 2 teenage girls) and did NOT want to leave Australia at all.

As for the school ages, it depends on the child. When we arrived both of our children were skipped ahead by 1 year according to where they would be in our home country. Depending on your school of choice, they will speak to the child to see whether they need to repeat the second half of the year they are in now or go on to the next higher year immediately.

We're a couple in our 40's as well, so if you're looking for mates your age, just give us a shout. Must warn you, though. I like a glass of wine and my husband likes an occassional beer or 6 when we get together with people.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

are you sure?? i thought the year they are 17 is year 12??
my daughter is 17 this may so will have to go to uni??
Hi we have two boys, eldest is 17 this July, he is currently in year 11 again ! we decided it best for him to do the two full years, to get the best possible OP score, so he has his UK certs and Aus ones. (He'd left school in the UK). He didn't want to come either! Once he was in school he was fine, they make friends and settle in. You'll find there is a real mix of ages, as some kids are held back for various reasons, and no-one says a word about it.
Good luck
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:02 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We have been here (Perth) 16 months, we brought with us 3 older kids. Two boys of (then) 16 and 14 (just). When we arrived the 16 year old had finished school in UK and had started 6th form. He wanted to go to Uni and so opted to do Y12 here, he did that - got on ok and is now at uni. The 14 year old - because he wasn't doing as well as he should have been we opted to put him down a year and he did y9 to start and is now in Y10.

The older one has now learnt to drive (they can start lessons earlier here, 16 years and 3 months I think) and now has his P plates, so he gets himself and his mates to uni every day. Maybe that is a thing your 16 year old could be tempted with! It means a bit more independence for them and also I am using it to my advantage, for all the years of ferrying him about I get him to take the younger two places if I am busy! Seeing as I pay for the fuel I think it only fair.

Both the boys have had part time jobs since we have moved here, there wasn't as much opportunity for that in UK as we lived in a small village with little or no public transport. Again the money gives them a bit more independence, they have more options than if they were just getting pocket money.

All my children stay in touch with their mates in UK, and a couple of the older ones mates are planning on coming out for a couple of weeks next year. I suppose it helps that we have moved about before (OH was in the forces) and it was no big deal to them, although we had lived in one place for a while and they had beuilt up friendships.

Sorry if that was a bit waffly.

Shirley
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

As you can see, some teenagers love it here. My teenage daughter was a nightmare though, never settled and eventually went back to UK where she is doing well.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say goodluck in your move to Perth.My oldest daughter is 14 and did not want to come,she had loads of friends in England and did not want to leave them.Anyway she has settled in the best, it helps that she loves most sports though of course she still misses her old friends.

We used to say just try it you can always go back if you really hate it in a few years time and hope that it would not come to that!Sue.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:24 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

My 15 year old now loves it here, we migrated when she was 13- she never wanted to come, though to be fair never used it as a stick to beat us with during arguements. We had a very difficult year with her- looking back I guess it was a mixture of unhappiness, hormones, missing friends and family and finding her own way. For the last 4 months she is like a different girl - happy, cheery, working hard (er), no longer wearing black quite as often - there is definently a sense that she has turned a corner (or as she puts it "had an epiphany" - thats catholic education for you).
So for us its all come good !
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by curly
Hi we have two boys, eldest is 17 this July, he is currently in year 11 again ! we decided it best for him to do the two full years, to get the best possible OP score, so he has his UK certs and Aus ones. (He'd left school in the UK). He didn't want to come either! Once he was in school he was fine, they make friends and settle in. You'll find there is a real mix of ages, as some kids are held back for various reasons, and no-one says a word about it.
Good luck
thank you soo much. that is a relief. She may do the same as she is in college now so still sort of in education. thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.