Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Malaysia Airlines

Hi all, they seem to be the cheapest looking at next year...but what are they like? Ok? any feedback great...stop off in Kuala lumpar
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaysia Airlines

I flew with them a while back. They were perfectly fine, on time, OK food, OK crew - nothing whatever to complain about. Apparantly their seat pitch is the best around - but I didn't really notice a huge amount of space.

The only issue I had was with a 4-hour stopover each way in KL. The airport is absolutely fine as airports go - but there's not quite enough to occupy you for four whole hours. It's not quite in Singapore airport's league.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:12 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Very good. there is a massage place in the terminal thats quite good to kill an hour relaxing
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

No problems with them when we flew 3 years ago.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Thanks! Yes I do love Singapore airport... but a massage sounds good!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:45 am
Just Joined

jedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nice

flew with them at easter.

found their service to be excellent, food OK, planes a little tired but perfectly OK, bigger seat pitch well appreciated. nice fast route. think we had 21hrs to adelaide.

they do have a transit hotel in the KL airport if you have a big lay over and KL itself is good to stay at.

we had kids with us and stayed at the sunway on the way out, a big complex just outside town with a 4 and a 5 star hotel, shopping mall, waterpark and theme park and it was brilliant for the kids to break the trip.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:47 am
Just Joined

jedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nicejedly1 is just really nice

should also say we previosuly flown with Air NZ, virgin, quantas/ba, singapore, and emirates and we'll probably go on malaysian again if the price is competitive.

Though cathay and disney HK seems to be weighing heavily on the kids minds...
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:43 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Malaysian are about the best of the bunch in my experience.

Equal second would be Qantas and singapore
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Hey.

Have been with malaysian airlines about 5 times. They are okay but not the best (delays, staff not so friendly unless in Business class) although KL is a great place if you want to stay a couple of days. Best airlines are emirates and Singapore in my opinion. As the folks here say Sing airport is far and away the best one too - free net access etc. Emirates is great airline but the airport itself is mobbed and not much to do. Shopping not that great either.

Hope that helps!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

I took Malaysia Airlines just earlier in the year, on route to the beautiful resort island of Langkawi. As what some of the others have posted, the airline's OK, nothing great to shout about, but oh, GOD, the 4 hours transit in KLIA was torture. There was absolutely nothing to do, and while there were signs pointing towards this massage joint, when we finally found our way there, it was closed!

Nothing compared to Changi in Singapore - especially T2 & T3 (terminal 1 @ Changi was a bit of a let down).
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Hi all, they seem to be the cheapest looking at next year...but what are they like? Ok? any feedback great...stop off in Kuala lumpar
Malaysia Airlines are fine as they go..would prefer them over Qantas and BA at any rate.
KL is also a fine modern city these days....for awhile had worlds tallest building.
It is a bit of a hike into town from the newish,very large airport.so you would probably be needing to stay overnight to make it worth the trip.
Malaysia,has a lot of places worth seeing but guess you will not be there long enough to get outside of KL?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 9:40 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I love em - especially today!
I've a frequent flyer with then for years but haven't used them much of late.
Anyway they changed all the levels of membership and I got given gold - they then downgraded em to silver as I hadn't used them. The other week I used my final miles to the OH a lounge pass as she'll be in KL in a couple of weeks time and today they have upgraded me to Gold again for be such a valued customer?
Eh? I;m not complaining.