IKEA Rip Off

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default IKEA Rip Off

I'm moving house next week and have weighing up a few bits of furniture from Ikea on the internet.
I popped back on yesterday to obtain measurements for one of the items, and it's gone up by $100. I emailed them to see if it was an error and they said not. They said they kept prices low due to the economic crisis but have now increased them again. All of the items I've been looking at have been increased but $100?
I think it's disgusting and a rip off.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:30 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IKEA Rip Off

I can't see how it's a rip off let alone disgusting?

Lots of businesses have/had lower prices at the height of the downturn - airlines, hotels, car dealers, bars, restaurants.....they would have had a choice of sell nothing, or sell something at a lower price. If the economy returns to normal, as it seems to have, so will their prices.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I bought mine a few weeks ago....quids in!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Ikeas cheap brekkies also getting smaller and dearer and now theyre opening later, the cups and glasses are shrinking and an old bloke threw a fit the other week because he wasnt allowed to swap the dodgy snag for a hash brown!!

Scandal!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the meat balls are less meat and more balls now too
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
I heard the meat balls are less meat and more balls now too
Nothing a dodgy sauce cant cover!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Ikeas cheap brekkies also getting smaller and dearer and now theyre opening later, the cups and glasses are shrinking and an old bloke threw a fit the other week because he wasnt allowed to swap the dodgy snag for a hash brown!!

Scandal!
Well....if this is the effect of the downturn....god help us all!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Thanks for your replies guys

Am just a bit belled off as for the sake of less than a week my planned visit there will cost me an extra $300. Or then again, I should be grateful it's not an extra $600 eh?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Thanks for your replies guys

Am just a bit belled off as for the sake of less than a week my planned visit there will cost me an extra $300. Or then again, I should be grateful it's not an extra $600 eh?
The early bird does indeed catch the worm . . .
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Went into Ikea in Adelaide two days ago to get a catalogue - couldn't as they have just launched the 2010 catelogue although didn't have it in store yet, and have chucked all the 2009 ones away. Suspect you are now paying 2010 prices rather than 2009 prices!

Would be very naffed off too
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

I went to IKEA on Saturday, nice place, got some cool stuff which is one step down from Freedom and not as woggy as the stuff in harvey Norman, there furniture looks more and more like it is made in Athens.

I have never seen so many pregnant women and kids running about, its chaos though, i used to hate going to shopping places like that when i was a boy, but these kids burn about Ikea salivating like they are at Luna park or something.

IKEA marketing team must be up to something
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:22 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
The early bird does indeed catch the worm . . .
Being early wasn't so cool for the worm though......
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherro
I went to IKEA on Saturday, nice place, got some cool stuff which is one step down from Freedom and not as woggy as the stuff in harvey Norman, there furniture looks more and more like it is made in Athens.

I have never seen so many pregnant women and kids running about, its chaos though, i used to hate going to shopping places like that when i was a boy, but these kids burn about Ikea salivating like they are at Luna park or something.

IKEA marketing team must be up to something
I have to say that one of my son's favourite places to play is IKEA. He can spend hours sleeping in the beds, testing the sofas, and pouring me coffee in the kitchens.