Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

heading to bunbury

heading to bunbury

Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:04 am
Banned

mehpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default heading to bunbury

I am punctual visitor of this forum however silent till.

I'm waiting for job openings in bunbury WA. I also regular visiting bunbury newspapers websites to look into the real picture. Till yet i understands that there is heavy hit of recession and almost all regional WA is worst hitted and very very limited job openings only. Friends's friend living in bunbury since 1.5 year also advised to wait till situations get better. My worry is all about my IED which is 12the Sept 09. Just confused and frustrated what to do in this conditions?

Any advise pls.?

Mehul
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: heading to bunbury

A lot depends on exactly what your skills & work experience are & how much that is still in demand in the area you are looking to move to.
Unless you have to live in a certain area, it is also a good idea to be flexible & keep an open mind about where you will settle.
Lots of luck!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure i understand this post properly but I live in Bunbury. Work is harder to find but is still out there. Depends what you do for a living - you didnt say!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:43 am
Banned

hi thanks. i am car painter know many type of car painting. wife is housewife we both not get a baby yet due to our moving plan. we r open to live anywhere in WA but after perth i think bunbury is good as far as i searched also there is friend's friend (now my friend too) living in bunbury so it might also be helpful for us. we dont have any other connected person living in WA except perth. my friend advised not to come atleast for this year and if want to come then prepare for long time unemployment because no job posting here so when you will find a job? no one require at this moment and the employers are reducing staff where possible so no chance to get a job quickly. if they dont want any new person then where you will get a job? also coming with wife so you have to spend more on living and the expenses are higher here. so whether working or not prepare for a high expenses.

i am not able to decide what to do in this serious matter? if i come to bunbury and not get a job then my most of savings will be blown which will be very hurting.

sally and daunted what jobs you do in bunbury? and what jobs do you think easy to find in bunbury and what jobs they employers commonly required and looking for? how is bunbury for living? i am searching bunbury mail website every wedday for news.

sorry for asking many quests meanwhile many thanks,
mehul
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:48 am
Banned

hi sally & daunted

where do you lives in bunbury? my friend is living at picton road and his name is ravin. he is working at a local store as administrator.

thanks
mehul
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't live in WA Mehpat, sorry if I misled you, I am in QLD!
If your friend is advising you that the job situation is dire in your field of work, why are you not believing him?
When do you need to validate your visa by? Can you afford to just come over for a holiday & see for yourself without the commitment of staying for good at this stage?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - I am a Chef. One of the few trades where there seems to be plenty of work.
i dont know specifically about car painter but i do know of lots of tradies losing jobs. I wouldnt be coming to Bunbury, or anywhere, unless i knew there was work available. Maybe you should listen to your friend
Old Sep 1st 2009, 1:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mehpat
my IED which is 12the Sept 09
IED - isn't that "improvised explosive device"?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:03 pm
Banned

Hello, thanks sally you didnt mislead dont worry pls. i believe him so till date not moved yet. my intial entry date is 12th sept. 2009. i cant afford just visiting because its may cost me high expenses like airfare and accomodation and etc. hello daunted, thank you. hi evan its indeed becoming explosive device for me day by day.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK, so it is make or break for you!
Your choices are fairly simple & you do not have much time to make them!
1. Validate visa for all those included on it (presumably you & your wife)
2. Move to Aus with your wife (yes, she has to validate too!) & hope that you are lucky enough to make it work!

Be flexible about where you are prepared to move to. If you can stay with your friend initially that would help reduce costs.

Can you get flights at this short notice?

You need to make a decision & quickly my friend!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:50 am
Banned

hi sally thank you. i am flexible anytime. i can get tickets because of slow rush now to australia. he also forced me to live with him for initial days but i am thinking about it. if require i will stay 1 week with him and during that i will find own rent house. he is ready to support for every require things. so little relax.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mehpat
hi sally thank you. i am flexible anytime. i can get tickets because of slow rush now to australia. he also forced me to live with him for initial days but i am thinking about it. if require i will stay 1 week with him and during that i will find own rent house. he is ready to support for every require things. so little relax.
You are very fortunate to have someone offer to help you!
Good luck!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:52 pm
Banned

yes sally. no progress without co-operation in the world. like you forumers who are helping to those who need info/help for australia. if i will settle i will also help to all those who are in need. many thanks sally.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:55 pm
Banned

hi sally, daunted. i searched mandurah also. its looking very good and i also find moe jobs then bunbury. also no difference in rent and other expenses. thanks.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 2:34 pm
Banned

hi, just wondering to think that, if i have been offered a job with $25/hour then at the time of issuing my salary/week, will they deduct income tax from the total amount or its a net salary as per they told to me while appointing?

one more, i am sorry but asking, do every australian employers are punctual in giving salary or making delays? thanks.