Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Make new friends in Perth

Make new friends in Perth

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:59 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 7
K.Barker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Make new friends in Perth

My husband and I moved to Perth 5 years ago but have only just heard of this site!! We are a young couple with two daughters who are interested in meeting new people and making new friendships.We have a great family life but would love to meet new people to socialise with.We currently are living south of the river.Would be great to hear from anyone who loves family but also enjoys a good night out.
K.Barker is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:27 pm
  #2  
MickyBhoy
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 248
mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

Were in Perth are you ?
we are moving over in oct
mickpower75 is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:01 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 7
K.Barker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

We live in Winthrop-south of the river, which is pretty central to most places,near to city and freo. Were abouts in the uk are you from.Have you visited Perth before?
K.Barker is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:25 pm
  #4  
MickyBhoy
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 248
mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Make new friends in Perth

We currently live in Scotland
and we are moving to the Tapping area.
me and my wife are in early 30s
with 2 children what about you guys
mickpower75 is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:06 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 7
K.Barker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

I think thats North of the river but not quite sure still finding our feet ourselves.We have two girls 7 & 4 great outdoor life for them here.Give us an e-mail when you're over and we'll meet up.
K.Barker is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:10 pm
  #6  
MickyBhoy
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 248
mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Make new friends in Perth

were are you from in the UK

how are you finding life in Oz is there any dos and donts you would be better placed to give us advice.

any help at all about relocating or anything that you wish someone had told you before you moved would be great

cheers

K barker
mickpower75 is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:32 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 7
K.Barker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

We're originally from Wigan but have been here 5 years now.We moved because we wanted the kids to have a more outdoor lifestyle,havn't regretted it for a moment.The kids are always busy with sports and activities and we enjoy our social life more as the weather enables you to have picnics and bbqs with friends.Perth has had a big boom since we first arrived so not as cheap now but I still think your money will go further here than there.
We didn't have any real problems with emmigrating but having some job interviews lined up before you arrive might be a bonus as it took a bit longer than we thought to get a job.We did have some friends to stay with when we arrived so that was a bonus but really its pretty easy to settle in and we found everyone really helpful.We're also in our early thirties.
K.Barker is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:40 pm
  #8  
MickyBhoy
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 248
mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

all sounds good thanks again for all your help and advice hope we could catch up on arrival
mickpower75 is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 4:26 pm
  #9  
Living the dream
 
tawkins1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: The Vines WA
Posts: 1,441
tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

Originally Posted by K.Barker View Post
We're originally from Wigan but have been here 5 years now.We moved because we wanted the kids to have a more outdoor lifestyle,havn't regretted it for a moment.The kids are always busy with sports and activities and we enjoy our social life more as the weather enables you to have picnics and bbqs with friends.Perth has had a big boom since we first arrived so not as cheap now but I still think your money will go further here than there.
We didn't have any real problems with emmigrating but having some job interviews lined up before you arrive might be a bonus as it took a bit longer than we thought to get a job.We did have some friends to stay with when we arrived so that was a bonus but really its pretty easy to settle in and we found everyone really helpful.We're also in our early thirties.
Hi There!
We're from Skem, not far from Wigan ey?
We are arriving in Perth on the 15th Nov but were not sure if its one way or not yet!! We are in the process of selling the house so not sure how that'll go. We are staying in Kinross (NOR) for 3 weeks but have friends in Warnbro, Southern River, Ocean Reef & a sister in Roleystone. Our trip was booked as a validation trip as we need to validate by the 10th Jan but we have had a bit of interest in the house recently so ya never know.
Fingers crossed.
tawkins1 is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:34 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Hoddesdon, Herts, England
Posts: 45
cnpizzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

We, family of four, us in 30's, son 5 and daughter 2 are coming out to secret harbour for a 3 week rekkie on the 10th december.
We would love to meet up with anyone thats already there to give us any useful ideas on settling etc, would you be interested.
I can pm you a bit nearer the time. We are from hoddesdon, herts.
cnpizzo is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:57 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Joondalup, WA
Posts: 134
filcomm is just really nicefilcomm is just really nicefilcomm is just really nicefilcomm is just really nicefilcomm is just really nicefilcomm is just really nicefilcomm is just really nicefilcomm is just really nice
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

Originally Posted by mickpower75 View Post
We currently live in Scotland
and we are moving to the Tapping area.
me and my wife are in early 30s
with 2 children what about you guys
Where abouts in Scotland are you coming from? We moved from West Lothian -> Perth in Nov 2007 (Joondalup -> Ocean Reef -> Heathridge). Loving it - even with all this rain we've been having and the cold mornings - 2.7c .
filcomm is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:18 am
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 7
K.Barker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

Originally Posted by tawkins1 View Post
Hi There!
We're from Skem, not far from Wigan ey?
We are arriving in Perth on the 15th Nov but were not sure if its one way or not yet!! We are in the process of selling the house so not sure how that'll go. We are staying in Kinross (NOR) for 3 weeks but have friends in Warnbro, Southern River, Ocean Reef & a sister in Roleystone. Our trip was booked as a validation trip as we need to validate by the 10th Jan but we have had a bit of interest in the house recently so ya never know.
Fingers crossed.
my brother lives in skelm! You'll love Perth i've returned to the uk a few times and am always glad to get back here.
K.Barker is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:20 am
  #13  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 7
K.Barker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

Originally Posted by cnpizzo View Post
We, family of four, us in 30's, son 5 and daughter 2 are coming out to secret harbour for a 3 week rekkie on the 10th december.
We would love to meet up with anyone thats already there to give us any useful ideas on settling etc, would you be interested.
I can pm you a bit nearer the time. We are from hoddesdon, herts.
pm us nearer the time and we'd love to have a chat.
K.Barker is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:22 am
  #14  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 7
K.Barker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

Originally Posted by mickpower75 View Post
all sounds good thanks again for all your help and advice hope we could catch up on arrival
let us know when you arrive and we'll sort something out.
K.Barker is offline  
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:36 am
  #15  
MickyBhoy
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 248
mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Make new friends in Perth

Originally Posted by filcomm View Post
Where abouts in Scotland are you coming from? We moved from West Lothian -> Perth in Nov 2007 (Joondalup -> Ocean Reef -> Heathridge). Loving it - even with all this rain we've been having and the cold mornings - 2.7c .
We are from Coatbridge can you give us some advice or anything you think will be advantageous.
Any help would be great
mickpower75 is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.