Reload this Page >

Make new friends in Perth

Make new friends in Perth

Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Chunga is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Make new friends in Perth

Originally Posted by K.Barker
We're originally from Wigan but have been here 5 years now.We moved because we wanted the kids to have a more outdoor lifestyle,havn't regretted it for a moment.The kids are always busy with sports and activities and we enjoy our social life more as the weather enables you to have picnics and bbqs with friends.Perth has had a big boom since we first arrived so not as cheap now but I still think your money will go further here than there.
We didn't have any real problems with emmigrating but having some job interviews lined up before you arrive might be a bonus as it took a bit longer than we thought to get a job.We did have some friends to stay with when we arrived so that was a bonus but really its pretty easy to settle in and we found everyone really helpful.We're also in our early thirties.
Hi, were from Wigan too, im 28 and OH is 34. We'll be moving to Perth in June 08 with his work, not decided where exactly yet, just trying to get some ideas from here. If u've already been in Perth for 5 years you obviously must prefer it over sunny Wigan!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Scotland to Saudi to Scotland to Netherlands to Scotland to Oz!
Fima_Cege will become famous soon enoughFima_Cege will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Make new friends in Perth

Hi all!

We are planning to move to Perth (probaby the hills) hopefully around March 2009.

There is myself, (Bob) undergoing PR Spousal App, the Missus (Fi) our 2 daughters. 1 is almost a 4 year old monster and bump is due in October.

Fi and I are in our mid 30's and have been expats for a long time...now back in Scotland missing the heat and outdoor lifestyle...Oz here we come...

Fi has dual nationality as she was hatched in Perth, daughters will get citizenship by descent - it is only me who is holding up proceedings!

All the paperwork and application palava has been completed and now we are just waiting...waiting...waiting....

Bob, Fi & soon to be 2 daughters