Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Major incident in Melbourne.

Major incident in Melbourne.

Old Jan 22nd 2017, 12:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Major incident in Melbourne.

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Another idiot out on parole.

When will governments learn that violent criminals should remain locked up forever and not be allowed to roam around free and kill people.
spot on

this liberal claptrap has got to stop

criminals need to be punished harshly
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Starting to see reports in the press that there was a religious angle to the reasons why the man lost it.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 4:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Starting to see reports in the press that there was a religious angle to the reasons why the man lost it.
You're seeing something different to me. I'm seeing a deranged psychopath shouting words guaranteed to get him attention.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 4:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It's a tragedy that we have these sort of people in our society and a tragedy innocents were effected.

But I don't buy this whole 'Melbourne hurts' and 'we're bigger than this' tabloid stuff.

We are all appalled. I was saying to my family: when out in public keep off phones and take earphones out: you need to be able to hear shots, tyres, people calling out.
It is a tragedy, but it is a tragedy that needs perspective, isn't it. The tabloid hype is making it much bigger than it is, and while I empathise with the families and friends, and am horrified that it happened, it really needs to be viewed objectively. I'm with you in saying that the whole 'Victoria will survive' hype is not helping anyone. I was on a boat trip in Tassie yesterday and two of the customers announced they were from Melbourne and were hoping " a trip on the water would ease their grief and pain. " . When asked they admitted they didn't know any of the victims, they live and work miles from the incident, and rarely visit the CBD.

Victoria's bail justice system is ridiculous, thats the clear thing. The guy should've been inside, not loose on bail.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You're seeing something different to me. I'm seeing a deranged psychopath shouting words guaranteed to get him attention.
The 2 go hand in hand don't they?

Dimitrious Gargasoulas’s dad ‘called me an Aussie sl*t’, says old friend
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Got to admit I found this tragedy particularly confronting. I know every inch of the spots shown, my sons tram stop, the coffee shop i duck into when its windy/rainy. Lunch meet ups, shopping, work sometimes for one son. the darkest feeling to see people died where we do stupid, frivolous, ordinary, daily, weekly, stuff.

I felt sick, for the victims, just doing innocent stuff, the exact stuff we do there. Really made me feel deeply how hideously unjust it was for them to die doing just what we do.

You never really think it will be/could be you, but seeing it happen on a map that's a a bit of your life was extremely confronting.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

To be blunt you need to get out and mix with some real wogs...All Meditteranean wogs of that generation think this....They are all devout christians as well. The Orthodox ones Greeks are very scathing in their disparaging of young aussie women. Maltese devouts are pretty bad too.....The Wog women of a younger generation get a bit like this too.

The reason im using the above language is because thats how it really is with these communities...how they describe themselves and how they mix. Basically all young women are seen as putanas or described that way by the vast majority of first gen Meditteranean migrants...or wogs in general as they prefer to be known.

Comprende pissain ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 23rd 2017 at 6:55 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 6:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No not really. No not at all tbh.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
To be blunt you need to get out and mix with some real wogs...All Meditteranean wogs of that generation think this....They are all devout christians as well. The Orthodox ones Greeks are very scathing in their disparaging of young aussie women. Maltese devouts are pretty bad too.....The Wog women of a younger generation get a bit like this too.

The reason im using the above language is because thats how it really is with these communities...how they describe themselves and how they mix. Basically all young women are seen as putanas or described that way by the vast majority of first gen Meditteranean migrants...or wogs in general as they prefer to be known.

Comprende pissain ?
Wouldn't use that term myself.

But shocked as hell at pilates where older Greek woman was sympathizing heavily with Greek man, had picture of baby on phone, grandchild I assume. Half Chinese apparently, one up from being half leper by the tone of the conversation .

Openly shocking, racist as, couldnt care who heard it! only consolation for me was thinking , I wonder if the other grandparents feel like that about them!
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 7:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Got to admit I found this tragedy particularly confronting. I know every inch of the spots shown, my sons tram stop, the coffee shop i duck into when its windy/rainy. Lunch meet ups, shopping, work sometimes for one son. the darkest feeling to see people died where we do stupid, frivolous, ordinary, daily, weekly, stuff.

I felt sick, for the victims, just doing innocent stuff, the exact stuff we do there. Really made me feel deeply how hideously unjust it was for them to die doing just what we do.

You never really think it will be/could be you, but seeing it happen on a map that's a a bit of your life was extremely confronting.
It is a bit of Melbourne that I have walked many many times, and yes its scary it happened there, its unfair, "why them" why did fate hit at that point, but I have walked streets in London where people have died when cars mounted the pavement. I have sat in the Grand Hotel in Brighton thinking............ I have stood at the spot outside Harrods where my former father-in-law missed death by seconds.
A year ago this week a pregnant lady died in Hobart when a car mounted the pavement in the CBD. Her child was saved in theatre and is a year old now. Yesterday as I paysed in the street I saw someone bend silently and leave a posy of flowers on the spot, then walk away.

Its confronting, but its reality, its life -and death. People need to keep it in perspective or it destroys more lives and then the idiots have won.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Wouldn't use that term myself.

But shocked as hell at pilates where older Greek woman was sympathizing heavily with Greek man, had picture of baby on phone, grandchild I assume. Half Chinese apparently, one up from being half leper by the tone of the conversation .

Openly shocking, racist as, couldnt care who heard it! only consolation for me was thinking , I wonder if the other grandparents feel like that about them!
Sadly, probably. My son's best friend is Chinese. The family have only been here maybe 3-4 years. I know from experience there's some subjects you just don't talk about with them if you want to remain friends.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Comprende pissain ?
Eh?. "Wogs"? What you on about?

Selective reading more like it.

“From what I know Dimitri started believing he was God and started rambling about Islam,” she said.
Old Jan 24th 2017, 11:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

“From what I know Dimitri started believing he was God and started rambling about Islam,” she said.
Beoz, the person quoted is an ex-friend of the offender's half-brother. Not the most credible source of information.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get out and assimilate a bit more methinks.... A lot more actually.

"Yeah I'll start of a secret attack by doing wheelies and burnouts out the front of Young and Jacksons, Flinders St and Federation Square". The local vigilantes at Flinders st with the Baseball bats set the already tripped out bloke right over the edge, Certainly didn't help his mood.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 25th 2017 at 12:39 am.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You need to get out and assimilate a bit more methinks.... A lot more actually.
Bourke St shooting, car attack: Dimitrious Gargasoulas Facebook posts revealed

Why would you say such a thing? . The press seem to want to put a religious angle on it. That's all we know right now. I guess it will work itself out in the wash

"Yeah I'll start of a secret attack by doing wheelies and burnouts out the front of Young and Jacksons, Flinders St and Federation Square". The local vigilantes at Flinders st with the Baseball bats set the already tripped out bloke right over the edge, Certainly didn't help his mood.
I think you will find that some press articles are saying he told his kidnapped girlfriend that he is going to mow down people in the city before she escaped. If true sounds planned to me.

Anyhow, this is the problem with the world we live in. Blame someone else except the culprut. What ever happened to take responsibility for your own actions?

That's a rich statement of yours. Not sure many will agree with blame the baseball bat boys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.