Mad drivers

Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:55 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mad drivers

Not wanting to start a forum row, but hopefully its not just me who is FED UP with the mad and dangerous drivers that seem to appear from every street everytime it rains. I lie in bed at night hoping that some mad bast...d doesnt come through our lounge room window as he/she hoons around the road thinking they are on the Indi track. I have never seen so many bouquets of flowers placed at the sides of roads in memory of those who have met their match. Wot is it that makes them all come out after the rain. The roads are so slippery, do they have a death wish or something. Finished moaning for tonight, regards Louisa
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

anzen12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mad drivers

Maybe it is the sheer excitement of seeing rain.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anzen12
Maybe it is the sheer excitement of seeing rain.
There are Queenslanders that I know that won't drive at all in the rain - whe it rains, they flee for home as fast as possible! Must be because its so unusual......
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:12 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by robertd
Not wanting to start a forum row, but hopefully its not just me who is FED UP with the mad and dangerous drivers that seem to appear from every street everytime it rains. I lie in bed at night hoping that some mad bast...d doesnt come through our lounge room window as he/she hoons around the road thinking they are on the Indi track. I have never seen so many bouquets of flowers placed at the sides of roads in memory of those who have met their match. Wot is it that makes them all come out after the rain. The roads are so slippery, do they have a death wish or something. Finished moaning for tonight, regards Louisa
QLD GOVT INTRODUCES CAR CONFISCATION LAWS TO DETER HOONING IN BAYSIDE
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:20 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Advice for Sprogs: How to do Burnouts and other Cool Stuff and Not Get Gaught
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:28 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Mad drivers

Originally Posted by robertd
What are you on about, it hasn't rained in Robina for at least 4 months, unless you are talking about the shower we had a couple of weeks ago, and that was in the morning! They let young kids here drive around in 5.7 litre ute's, bet they don't have insurance premiums like the UK. What I'd like to know is why do all aussies stop at roundabouts when there is clearly no one coming, it drives me mad, I'd like to see Aussies drivers at Hyde Park corner or the Champs Elysee.

Slater
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

We were renting a place in Oxenford, and just across the road was a school. Outside the school was a speed bump with a zebra crossing painted on top of it.

Any time it rained out came the dickheads who thought the world would be impressed that they could spin the wheels on their V8 Commodores on the white strips! Jesus, I could do that with my pushbike back in England
Old Aug 29th 2004, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Just come back from a trip to Italy, now they really have to be the worst drivers in the world!
what an indicator - what is that for!!

Kaz
Old Aug 29th 2004, 10:07 pm
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough

Its the pick up trucks (utes) and commercial vehicles that seem the worst. The bigger the bull bar the bigger the ego behind the wheel, and they seem to enjoy tailgating and overtaking on blind bends on the Bruce highway. Lets hope bull bars are banned for all but farmers and those that can prove they really need them (<1%).
Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:07 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joninoxford
Its the pick up trucks (utes) and commercial vehicles that seem the worst. The bigger the bull bar the bigger the ego behind the wheel, and they seem to enjoy tailgating and overtaking on blind bends on the Bruce highway. Lets hope bull bars are banned for all but farmers and those that can prove they really need them (<1%).

hahahah you havent driven in the country much huh??? everyone needs them when confronting kangaroos at 110km/h
Old Aug 30th 2004, 7:52 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joninoxford
I remember 15 years ago that banning bullbars was a hot issue - together w
ith Badgerey's Creek and the Manly sewage outfall!
Old Aug 30th 2004, 10:38 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Slater,
Where were you on saturday night when the heavens opened and it RAINED. I was in Robina, obviously you were somewhere else.!!!!!!! Louisa