Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

M&S unauthorised order - warning

M&S unauthorised order - warning

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default M&S unauthorised order - warning

I awoke one morning last week to inform me that I could pick up the two Lace Trim Vests I had ordered the previous day. I was to get them on Monday, 17th, from my local store: the quaint hamlet of Birkenhead on The Wirral. They were too small for me, and too big for my wife. Wrong sex for me, also!

Of course, I hadn't ordered anything and the last time either of us was on the M&S website was about three weeks earlier.

I emailed M&S to inform them this was a case of fraud or they had a problem with the system. I further asked to arrest the scally who turned up.

Their response was surprising.

I can confirm the staff in-store mistakenly accessed your ordering account when placing the order. To access a customer account the store should have ensured 3 security questions were answered correctly.

I'm unsure where the failure happened on this occasion, but please be assured this will be thoroughly investigated to ensure this doesn't happen again. I can also confirm nobody has had access to your payment details and no payment has been taken from your account for this order.

So the local staff placed the order. I replied asking them for further info when they had completed their investigation. I doubt that I will hear anything. In the meantime, I have removed the debit card that was stored on the account.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:26 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M&S unauthorised order - warning

Originally Posted by ebo1608
I awoke one morning last week to inform me that I could pick up the two Lace Trim Vests I had ordered the previous day. I was to get them on Monday, 17th, from my local store: the quaint hamlet of Birkenhead on The Wirral. They were too small for me, and too big for my wife. Wrong sex for me, also!

Of course, I hadn't ordered anything and the last time either of us was on the M&S website was about three weeks earlier.

I emailed M&S to inform them this was a case of fraud or they had a problem with the system. I further asked to arrest the scally who turned up.

Their response was surprising.

I can confirm the staff in-store mistakenly accessed your ordering account when placing the order. To access a customer account the store should have ensured 3 security questions were answered correctly.

I'm unsure where the failure happened on this occasion, but please be assured this will be thoroughly investigated to ensure this doesn't happen again. I can also confirm nobody has had access to your payment details and no payment has been taken from your account for this order.

So the local staff placed the order. I replied asking them for further info when they had completed their investigation. I doubt that I will hear anything. In the meantime, I have removed the debit card that was stored on the account.
Dodgy as. How can staff MISTAKENLY access your account?!! Bastards, hope they're banged away
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:27 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Dodgy as. How can staff MISTAKENLY access your account?!! Bastards, hope they're banged away
.... Birkenhead on The Wirral ....
What's that they say about scousers?
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
What's that they say about scousers?
People from the Wirral aren't scousers, although I've heard them called plastic scousers. And don't shoot me, I'm just the piano player.

Me, I can't tell the difference. My family are from Heswell and are hence called plastic scousers, whereas my husband is from Liverpool. They all sound the same to me - can't understand a word they say
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Tim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant future

They have a a " CH " post code !
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tim65
They have a a " CH " post code !
That's Switzerland, isn't it?

I used to love It's A Knockout. Those bygone innocent days.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

My family are from Heswell
Do you know our Glyn?
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Do you know our Glyn?
Of course! He's married to our Mary
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

That's Switzerland, isn't it?

I used to love It's A Knockout. Those bygone innocent days.
Those bygone innocent days of Stuart Hall??????

Bet you liked the innocence of Jim'll Fix It too!