Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lying in bed at night worrying.

Lying in bed at night worrying.

Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lying in bed at night worrying.

I was lying in bed last night thinking about stuff when it suddenly dawned on me that we are actually going in 4 weeks. :scared:
So there I lay worrying about all the things I need to do before we go.
Hoping to exchange on the house soon as we cannot book any flights or accommodation until then.Our buyers want to complete on the 20th May which is great but there is so much to do.You know what its like I was lying there with all these things going round and round in my head,subsequently I only ended up getting 4 hours sleep.
As the time draws closer hope I do not end up like this every night otherwise by the time we go I will be knackered.
Having a few drinks before I go to bed makes me worse then I am wide awake.
Anyone else any experiences and advise how to get through the next 4 weeks. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Last edited by Dreamaway 10; Apr 21st 2006 at 7:02 am. Reason: spell check
Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lying in bed at night worrying.

I'm with you there!

Since we started looking at "all this" in January I've discovered the oddest programs on sky - last night hubby found Australias Scariest Animals so woke me up to tell me Adelaide has the most White Sharks in the world, did I know that? No!

I've also discovered I've got grey hairs and wrinkles already (I'm only 27!). I'm thankful our move isn't dependant on selling a house, although we're currently renovating one to sell for profit (for the Oz pot) but live in rented accommodation, although thats with hubbys job and when he hands his notice in we may be immediately homeless as they might take it badly!

Good luck - just think at 2am that there are loads of us up out there!!! lol!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:30 am
Staying in BoxHill

chessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
I was lying in bed last night thinking about stuff when it suddenly dawned on me that we are actually going in 4 weeks. :scared:
So there I lay worrying about all the things I need to do before we go.
Hoping to exchange on the house soon as we cannot book any flights or accommodation until then.Our buyers want to complete on the 20th May which is great but there is so much to do.You know what its like I was lying there with all these things going round and round in my head,subsequently I only ended up getting 4 hours sleep.
As the time draws closer hope I do not end up like this every night otherwise by the time we go I will be knackered.
Having a few drinks before I go to bed makes me worse then I am wide awake.
Anyone else any experiences and advise how to get through the next 4 weeks. :scared: :scared: :scared:
The only pearls of wisdom both my wife and I can give is to go with the flow!!

When you eventually do get here you will be all to occupied in trying to get transport, roof over your head, maybe a job if you do not already have one and finally your Tax File Number.

I went ahead of my wife by 3 weeks - I was doing the running around like a mad thing getting the house etc (directed by her from the UK as to which one to look at and report back) and she was tying up the loose ends (seeling the house which buyers kept puling out at the last minute). That was stress!!

Let me tell you though, when you do get out here you will enjoy it. The weather is not bad, people extremely friendly and the food insatiable!!

I now look as though I am mid 40's even though I am early 30's, so dont do as we did and get all stressed as it will not achieve anything other than giving you grey hairs and wrinkles.

Good luck. Where are you thinking on moving too?
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chessp
The only pearls of wisdom both my wife and I can give is to go with the flow!!

When you eventually do get here you will be all to occupied in trying to get transport, roof over your head, maybe a job if you do not already have one and finally your Tax File Number.

I went ahead of my wife by 3 weeks - I was doing the running around like a mad thing getting the house etc (directed by her from the UK as to which one to look at and report back) and she was tying up the loose ends (seeling the house which buyers kept puling out at the last minute). That was stress!!

Let me tell you though, when you do get out here you will enjoy it. The weather is not bad, people extremely friendly and the food insatiable!!

I now look as though I am mid 40's even though I am early 30's, so dont do as we did and get all stressed as it will not achieve anything other than giving you grey hairs and wrinkles.

Good luck. Where are you thinking on moving too?
Thanks for your support.We are heading off to the Sunshine Coast.
Hubby is buying a butchers shop so we will have work straight away if it all works out.
There is just so much to do ,but I suppose now we have got this far we are slowly getting there.I have written everything down last night that needs doing before we go and will work my way through the list.
Still did not sleep much better though.Lol.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Thanks for your support.We are heading off to the Sunshine Coast.
Hubby is buying a butchers shop so we will have work straight away if it all works out.
There is just so much to do ,but I suppose now we have got this far we are slowly getting there.I have written everything down last night that needs doing before we go and will work my way through the list.
Still did not sleep much better though.Lol.
Lists are definitely the way forward! I had 5 or 6 on the go before we moved over here - including one of the things we needed to do when we arrived. I found that when I woke up in the middle of the night and wrote down what I was thinking about, it sometimes helped.
Not always though - like the memorable night when I woke up in a sweat, completely panicked and bolt upright. My hubby woke up and asked what was wrong. I told him the truth - I'd dreamed that I couldn't fit everything in the car!
I think the only thing to do is to start at the top of the list and work your way down it. It will slowly get smaller, and everything will be fine.