lpg cars

Old Mar 25th 2006, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lpg cars

can anybody help me out on this one,how much would it cost to convert a typical family estate car(falcon ,commodore,magna)to run on lpg,in the uk i always drive diesels ,so im looking for economy rather than performance and also the current price of lpg in WA
Old Mar 25th 2006, 11:56 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lpg cars

Originally Posted by pom plumber
can anybody help me out on this one,how much would it cost to convert a typical family estate car(falcon ,commodore,magna)to run on lpg,in the uk i always drive diesels ,so im looking for economy rather than performance and also the current price of lpg in WA
In OZ around $2,500 In NZ it's alot cheaper though I've never known why. Maybe because LPG is far bigger over there as an altenative to petrol as a fuel. Diesel in OZ is a rip-off. I'd try to buy a vehicle that's already been converted to LPG (You can run them on both petrol and LPG so you might use LPG for city driving and petrol for longer trips or whatever).

In OZ petrol is around $1.25 a litre so thats about 50p a litre. Not too bad really
Old Mar 25th 2006, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kiwichild
In OZ around $2,500 In NZ it's alot cheaper though I've never known why. Maybe because LPG is far bigger over there as an altenative to petrol as a fuel. Diesel in OZ is a rip-off. I'd try to buy a vehicle that's already been converted to LPG (You can run them on both petrol and LPG so you might use LPG for city driving and petrol for longer trips or whatever).

In OZ petrol is around $1.25 a litre so thats about 50p a litre. Not too bad really
thanks for that,can you get a grant towards the cost of conversion, i saw something about it on the net the other day,i think it applied to WA
Old Mar 25th 2006, 2:55 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: lpg cars

thanks for that,can you get a grant towards the cost of conversion, i saw something about it on the net the other day,i think it applied to WA
Click here.

I also found this rather interesting...

Thousands of British motorists are getting their cars modified to run on cheaper liquid petroleum gas (LPG) as soaring petrol prices squeeze household budgets, the LPG industry said on Wednesday. LPG at the pump in the UK is less than half the price of record petrol and diesel prices which are surging on the back of crude oil prices.

[...]

LPG prices at the pump are stable at about 40 pence a litre. Petrol and diesel cost more than double that at around 90 pence.

“LPG prices at the pumps have not risen anything like as much as for petrol and diesel,” said Andrew Ford, a spokesman for Calor, the UK’s biggest LPG supplier which supplies to motorists through a joint venture with Shell .

Cars do fewer miles to the litre on LPG, but fuel cost savings still amount to 40 per cent over petrol and 20 per cent over diesel, according to the LPG Association.
Source.

That's from September 2005.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Mar 25th 2006 at 4:23 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

thanks vash "your the man"
Old Mar 25th 2006, 4:22 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: lpg cars

thanks vash "your the man"
Cheers mate; my pleasure.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=pom plumber]can anybody help me out on this one,how much would it cost to convert a typical family estate car(falcon ,commodore,magna)to run on lpg,in the uk i always drive diesels ,so im looking for economy rather than performance and also the current price of lpg in WA [/QUO \\

Filled up today at 55.9 cents per litre ( fairmont),cost is around $2-2500 do not know if the govt $500 rebate is still going.be aware the price difference is because LPG is not taxed the same as petrol.federal govt is increasing tax on LPG gradually to bring it more into line with petrol.tank holds 68 litres and does around 350-400 KLMS