Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lots of Depressing and Negative Posts ...

Lots of Depressing and Negative Posts ...

Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Dream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really nice
Default Lots of Depressing and Negative Posts ...

Hi

I've been browsing this forum a lot recently and I have to say that most posts are very negative about Australia or moving there (bad manners, expensive, too hot, noone outdoors etc).

So I wonder: are there any people, who are actually happy with their decision to move to Australia (from the UK)?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lots of Depressing and Negative Posts ...

Originally Posted by Dream_Catcher
Hi

I've been browsing this forum a lot recently and I have to say that most posts are very negative about Australia or moving there (bad manners, expensive, too hot, noone outdoors etc).

So I wonder: are there any people, who are actually happy with their decision to move to Australia (from the UK)?
Shit yes, as I mentioned somewhere else about 60 seconds ago, the whingers are just more vocal.

Bad Manners? Are they touring? I thought the return of Leo Sayer was enough ...
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Dream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really niceDream_Catcher is just really nice

Sorry, didn't see the other post ...
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thousands of them, think the balance is about even these days, just depends who is shouting loudest at the time
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:03 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I think we made the right decision to move here! I've been dreaming of moving to Oz since spending some time here in 2003 and I definitely feel it was the best choice to do so. The term 'same sh*t, shinier bucket' is quite relevant, but this bucket is beautiful, warm, friendly, and has some great outdoor activities to be getting involved in. For instance, we loved being able to, at Easter, drive to the Gold Coast, in our own car, not have to change money and generally it was great to know we weren't too far from home when the holiday was over.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:07 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

It's great here, totally love it! Believe me after the last few months I've had, if I didn't like it here I would have left!!
Never regretted it!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:12 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

I know where you are coming from, it doesn't hurt to a have balance but I get the impression there are a lot of bitter people venting on here, this may do them some good but is hardly encouraging if you fancy giving Australia a go.

There are other forums out there and while i'm not encouraging anybody to leave here (last statement for moderators benefit) some of the sites have been criticised by the downbeat crowd on here for being excessively positive about all things a Australia.

If you were to chance upon another forum for arguments sake called something like People In Oztralia you will find the down beats getting savaged in the same way the upbeats tend to get ripped into on here, horses for courses I suppose.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Hi

You've been reading the wrong threads there are lots of positive threads. I still love the country and living here I just got disenchanted with my ex travelling companian. Aus is like anywhere else it's what you make of it and it has it's up's and down's but for me the up's far out weigh the downs.

Quite happy in Brisbane area and QLD although I've almost had to reluctantly move to Sydney and more recently a near miss with Melbourne but luckily get to stay in Brisbane so all's good.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann
You've been reading the wrong threads there are lots of positive threads. I still love the country and living here I just got disenchanted with my ex travelling companian. Aus is like anywhere else it's what you make of it and it has it's up's and down's but for me the up's far out weigh the downs.

Quite happy in Brisbane area and QLD although I've almost had to reluctantly move to Sydney and more recently a near miss with Melbourne but luckily get to stay in Brisbane so all's good.
Yep, I honestly think its about half and half these days. It does go in cyces so that one week there may be more Down threads on the first page than Up threads, but then it usually reverses the next week
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:24 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
I know where you are coming from, it doesn't hurt to a have balance but I get the impression there are a lot of bitter people venting on here, this may do them some good but is hardly encouraging if you fancy giving Australia a go.

There are other forums out there and while i'm not encouraging anybody to leave here (last statement for moderators benefit) some of the sites have been criticised by the downbeat crowd on here for being excessively positive about all things a Australia.

If you were to chance upon another forum for arguments sake called something like People In Oztralia you will find the down beats getting savaged in the same way the upbeats tend to get ripped into on here, horses for courses I suppose.

Glad I came here, but I hate people that don't tell it like it is. I'd rather people were honest.

I remember before coming out here, I replied to a post which said (along the lines of) it was way cheaper in Australia than the UK. My reply suggested there was probably little between the countries.

I was then quickly told if I thought that, I shouldn't migrate as I had a negative attitude, and I'd put people off wanting to migrate.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:29 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Love it - best decision we ever made. Love the weather, flora and fauna, seeing kangaroos and koalas, camping, fishing, owning a ute, our one level house with plenty of space and modern finishes, the double/king beds in all four bedrooms, enjoying the spa in the garden, going to local affordable concerts, eating lots of fresh food, the feeling of space. Whats not to like.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:42 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spellbound
Love it - best decision we ever made. Love the weather, flora and fauna, seeing kangaroos and koalas, camping, fishing, owning a ute, our one level house with plenty of space and modern finishes, the double/king beds in all four bedrooms, enjoying the spa in the garden, going to local affordable concerts, eating lots of fresh food, the feeling of space. Whats not to like.
Well when you put it like that it sounds aright dump!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spellbound
You got it all down to a tee, couldn't have said it better myself, though we've only one bed built so far, but we're getting there lol
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

I needed to read this. I was beginning to wonder what kind of place I was considering moving my family to based on recent threads.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 9:54 am
ABCDiamond

Hi

Most of the ones that enjoy it here are actually out there, enjoying it

Was moving to Australia the right move for you ?
51.43% Yes
31.43% No
17.14% Not yet sure

But that excludes many people who are "out there enjoying it".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.