Reload this Page >

Loosing its oomph...

Loosing its oomph...

Old Aug 28th 2003, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Loosing its oomph...

Is it just me or has the forum lost a lot of its spirit since
PB Murdoch went home last week. Its all a bit wishy washy compared to the old days of spirited opinions.

So much so I have cleared a backlog of work that sat here for months, the accountant even comented on me new found enthusiasm for bits of paper and figures.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, yes, we all miss PB immensely and life will never be the same without him.

May I suggest then, to mark our respect, that we hold a web-funeral.... speeches? Then afterwards we can all have a wake and get sloshed.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 7:26 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Larissa
Ahhh, yes, we all miss PB immensely and life will never be the same without him.

May I suggest then, to mark our respect, that we hold a web-funeral.... speeches? Then afterwards we can all have a wake and get sloshed.
lol

this rounds on me!
Suz
Old Aug 28th 2003, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I dont mean PB himself but the discussions he started.

Most interesting post since he left, mullets, most frequent post now, UK house sales, look at the threads, replies are struggling already.

Cant see it keeping its huge following based on I moved me furniture and I got it!XO (again).
Old Aug 28th 2003, 7:47 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty

Most interesting post since he left, mullets, most frequent post now, UK house sales, look at the threads, replies are struggling already.

Cant see it keeping its huge following based on I moved me furniture and I got it!XO (again).
Why don't you try and liven it up then?
Old Aug 28th 2003, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I know what you mean Dotty. Swings n' roundabouts innit? Information is given freely but there is no life in the forum, no za za zoom (as the old advert goes). Maybe it's just us saddos sat at work or at home idly passing a few hours away that need that injection of humour and spice.

On a work front, successfully managed to pass our Quality Upgrade for IS09001:2000 without dashing back to my PC too many times yesterday!!

By the way did you hear they found the body of that missing girl at Innaloo in Perth (just behind my bloody work almost).................
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

I tried to start something controversial with the Skilled Immigration policy thing but didn't get nearly the level of hysteria that I was expecting

I miss PB...........but then I always knew I would.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:21 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this site was to share information and experiences or was I under the wrong impression. Didnt think we all had to be comedians
Sky
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:26 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

He did have the edge on livening things up I have to admit, surely there has to be someone out there with arse end of the world comments.
Suz
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:26 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

righto,if I put on an article from the Sun,and claim it makes the UK worse than Oz,will that make you all feel better.And I'll title it something like "so you losers/dreamers reckon the UK is grate"(deliberate spelling error)
Then,if any of you prove me wrong,I'll ignore you,or come back with another totally irrelevant article about Iraq,or The Australian army or summink.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003392653,00.html

BB-don't miss him one little bit
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point

9 times out of 10 I ignored a thread he started anyway - so the forum's no different to me!!

Nicola
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Default Dry up you lot

PB was just in it to wind people up. His discussions weren't his own thoughts but snippets from the local and national rags, and then he would sit back and argue the toss with everone he set a light under.

I don't need him to get me wound up, I do a good enough job be myself. He says we are all making a mistake by leaving this country, well he will be back pasting from the SUN news paper and moaning about all the things that are wrong with blighty.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Akaubear
9 times out of 10 I ignored a thread he started anyway - so the forum's no different to me!!

Nicola

I totally agree with you Nicola, PB was here to put a damper on anything possitive, I`m elated he`s gone!!!

Dotty you need to liven yourself up!!!

Cheers
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:39 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swings & Roundabouts

I Don't think it's lost it's umph it is just that it has had a long run of negative reality posts and now it is having a run of positive reality posts. Admitedly there are not as many arguments and insults going back and forth but all too often the threads degenerated in totally irrelevent slanging matches.

It's all about balance we have had a long run of 'bad things about Oz/NZ' type posts now it's the turn of 'good things about Oz/NZ' type posts. No doubt it will swing back the other way soon enough.

ACE