Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for work in either perth or melbourne

Looking for work in either perth or melbourne

Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

uksparky26 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for work in either perth or melbourne

Hi thanks for reading my post i am a 27 year old Electrician from Liverpool England who is going to australian the end of march with a freind who is a scaffolder,

we are going on a WHV for around 3-4months and are looking for contacts for any type of work,although we would prefrebly like work in our trades or labouring ect

any info, recruitment agencies or contacts would be gratefully apreciated

thanks richard
Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:31 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for work in either perth or melbourne

Originally Posted by uksparky26
Hi thanks for reading my post i am a 27 year old Electrician from Liverpool England who is going to australian the end of march with a freind who is a scaffolder,

we are going on a WHV for around 3-4months and are looking for contacts for any type of work,although we would prefrebly like work in our trades or labouring ect

any info, recruitment agencies or contacts would be gratefully apreciated

thanks richard
Try jobseeker.com.au, it collects pretty much all Australian job ads, filter through the location and try phoning in directly. You are unlikely to find something before coming over though, you might, people have, though not many.

You should also catch up on licensing (check out the electricians forum on BE) and factor in the fact that you will be working in supervised positions only - electricians are the lucky ones that need a year of apprenticeship to requalify to Australian standards, regardless of quals that you hold before you come over. That may have some impact on what you thought you might be earning.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

uksparky26 is on a distinguished road

Hi thanks for the info, I have looked into licenseing and the proccess will take a lot of time and money..Mabey do it in the future but with only going for up2 4 months wouldn't be able to.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:40 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uksparky26
Hi thanks for the info, I have looked into licenseing and the proccess will take a lot of time and money..Mabey do it in the future but with only going for up2 4 months wouldn't be able to.
It can't be done so it is a non issue, it just lets you be more realistic in terms of earning potential in the time you plan to spend there, seems you are on a right track. have fun and pay a leccies board on here a visit, lots of Australian discussion there.