Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for new friends in Melbourne!

Looking for new friends in Melbourne!

Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Lydia02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking for new friends in Melbourne!

Hi,

I I'm 29 and from the UK. I've been living and working in Melbourne for about 7 months now and would love to meet some fellow Brits to have a few drinks and explore Melbourne with. If anyone else is in the same boat let me know!

Lydia
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for new friends in Melbourne!

Hi Lydia,

Welcome to the site. We've got a great number of members who live in Melbourne, so you've come to the right place.

I hope you are settling in Australia okay and enjoying your new home.

I am in NC so can't help with the friends in Melbourne bit, but I am going to move this to our Meet-up forum for you.

I hope you enjoy our community and please give me a shout if you have any site questions. I can always be found in the hallways of BE
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Bobbin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lydia02
Hi,

I I'm 29 and from the UK. I've been living and working in Melbourne for about 7 months now and would love to meet some fellow Brits to have a few drinks and explore Melbourne with. If anyone else is in the same boat let me know!

Lydia
I have PM'd you
Old Apr 29th 2010, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Ali Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really nice

Hi,

Lydia
hi lydia

where abouts are you staying? im in the eastern suburbs but can travel into the city if you fancy catching up.

ali
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Vicki84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Lydia
Hey Lydia,

I am in the same boat exactly and would love to meet some new friends in Melbourne! I have tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me. See if you can send me one and maybe could arrange a meet up or a bevvie or something.

Cheers,

Vicki
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicki84
Hey Lydia,

I am in the same boat exactly and would love to meet some new friends in Melbourne! I have tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me. See if you can send me one and maybe could arrange a meet up or a bevvie or something.

Cheers,

Vicki
Hi Vicki,

Once you have made 3 forum posts you will be able to access the private message system. It is set up that way in order to deter spammers who used to target members via pm.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sue
Old Apr 30th 2010, 6:53 am
Just Joined

josiebrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lydia

I am in a similar position - also 29 from the UK and been here 6 months and keen to meet new people! I would be happy to meet up for a drink one day too, if you fancy it.

I have the same problem as Vicki though that i haven't posted enough yet to PM, but try and PM me if you fancy meeting up.

Thanks

Josie
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Bobbin is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry its short notice, but just to let you know there is a girls night out tomorrow (Sat 1 May) at Republica in St Kilda, 7.30pm

Would be great if you could make it??

I'm also going to arrnage a night out in theh next few weeks, so will post on here once a date/location is decided

Kathryn x
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Vicki84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Kathryn,

Just saw your post about last night now...sorry. Hope you all had a great time though.

Yeah def. let me know if you arrange something else like you said and would love to come along.

Thanks,

Vicki
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Lydia
Hiya, im alan

Im in the same boat too.

I live in Port Melbourne, have loads of couples friends who are great but need other singles to do things with

Get in touch anyone on thisw thread if you fancy beer/wine/usual stuff, i know loads of places to go out but fed up of mates waiting for a weekend pass

Al
Old Jun 6th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

hi
as above
Al
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

poppy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to of gate crashed ur post but wondered if any of u melbourne BE members know of anyone who is looking to share a unit in ST KILDA as my son is lookin for a flat mate
cheers,
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:25 am
Just Joined

MoMcQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I've just arrived in Melbourne from Scotland. I'd be up for any social nights or drinks. I'm 30 and looking to get my social life back on track, also interested in hearing what brought others to Australia.
Mo
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poppy14
sorry to of gate crashed ur post but wondered if any of u melbourne BE members know of anyone who is looking to share a unit in ST KILDA as my son is lookin for a flat mate
cheers,
hiya
how much bond and how much per week

My staff memeber is looking for somewhere

and my shop isnt too far away it would be perfect for him

Pm me your hme number ad i could call you

Al
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MoMcQ
Hi I've just arrived in Melbourne from Scotland. I'd be up for any social nights or drinks. I'm 30 and looking to get my social life back on track, also interested in hearing what brought others to Australia.
Mo
Afew of us going out to the crown on saturday to watch the argie v nigera match then england, but if you dont fancy that then give me a shout anytime ill be up for a drink, night out,cinema etc

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.