Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for link to schools website

Looking for link to schools website

Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default Looking for link to schools website

As title, where can i find information on schools in Victoria. Primary and Secondary. ?
thanks
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for link to schools website

This looks like the place. There is then a link to this. Hope that helps.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Is there where i would find reports on the school ie performance etc ?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

My School is the website set up by the federal government. TBH, it's very controversial and does not give a whole picture of schools as it only goes by exam results on a particular day. Use it with other info from the school themselves and/or people's views. Will send you a PM in a minute
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Same initial link, info here. How good it is I have no idea, I'm in QLD, that's what I googled.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Same initial link, info here. How good it is I have no idea, I'm in QLD, that's what I googled.
Thank you
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
My School is the website set up by the federal government. TBH, it's very controversial and does not give a whole picture of schools as it only goes by exam results on a particular day. Use it with other info from the school themselves and/or people's views. Will send you a PM in a minute
Ok thanks x
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
i love it though but lots of teachers hate it - thing is when I was in school your life depended on how you were on a particular day (exam day). being a lazy good for nothing, I was rubbish at coursework but performed exceptionally well at exams. I woudl have hated all this consistent effort type of stuff.

i am not sure though that exam driven results are just "on the day'. in my experience, most children perform better if they have been taught well/have been engaged. and of course very bright kids perform well whatever but the teaching has to have been there. you could argue that the other method could conceal a blander education.

maybe, perhaps, wheres my vodka