Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Long Term Plan to get into Oz part 2

Long Term Plan to get into Oz part 2

Old Jun 26th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Paula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the rough
Default Long Term Plan to get into Oz part 2

Hi

Just been reading my old subscribed posts and came across Long Term Plan to get into Oz. I can't believe that it has been nearly a year since I posted my plans.

A quick update:

Have just completed my first year at Uni and it has been hard work but enjoyable. Only another 2 to go on BA English degree then 1 years PGCE. It has gone so quick.

The thought of moving to Oz has never left me, in fact it is always at the back of my mind in everything I do. A bit OCDish as I'm even reading up on all the history and Bill Bryson's Down Under has pride of place at the side of my bed. I have subscribed to Australia and New Zealand magazine and get all excited when I know it is due to be posted.

It would be nice to hear from others who posted on the original thread to see how they are getting on and also any others who like me have to wait a number of years before getting there.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Term Plan to get into Oz part 2

Well done for having a long term goal.
Best of luck as you continue your journey!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:51 am

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well done for having a long term goal.
Best of luck as you continue your journey!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166765
july 2003 longed to live here and went on a whv..

2008 granted a PR visa... now thats along long... uhmmm long story cut short
Old Jun 28th 2009, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bello
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166765
july 2003 longed to live here and went on a whv..

2008 granted a PR visa... now thats along long... uhmmm long story cut short
Very short!
Well done
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:07 am

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Very short!
Well done
haha thanks sally.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Tom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant futureTom Ward has a brilliant future

Hiya,
Our's was a long term plan and we never lost sight of the goal. I started Uni in 2003 after leaving my recruitment job at IBM, I qualified with a nursing degree in 2006, worked as a staff nurse for 18 months, applied for 175 visa in March 2008, received Visa Feb 2009, Sold house March 2009, move out July 2009, Leave for Oz 24th Spet 2009 with all our stuff and the cats, of course! ...... phew..... can't believe how fast it's all gone by but I am chuffed to bits with myself for sticking at it. I now work in a job I really enjoy and it will allow me to work where-ever I want. I know there are the doom-mongers out there who say that it's not the right time to go but on balance..... I'm looking forward to the adventure
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paula31
Hi

Just been reading my old subscribed posts and came across Long Term Plan to get into Oz. I can't believe that it has been nearly a year since I posted my plans.

A quick update:

Have just completed my first year at Uni and it has been hard work but enjoyable. Only another 2 to go on BA English degree then 1 years PGCE. It has gone so quick.

The thought of moving to Oz has never left me, in fact it is always at the back of my mind in everything I do. A bit OCDish as I'm even reading up on all the history and Bill Bryson's Down Under has pride of place at the side of my bed. I have subscribed to Australia and New Zealand magazine and get all excited when I know it is due to be posted.

It would be nice to hear from others who posted on the original thread to see how they are getting on and also any others who like me have to wait a number of years before getting there.

Don't wish to spoil your goal and not sure har far on you are with your move to OZ,

However have you considered a move to the South Of France or perhaps the South of Spain , I realise we are all different but I wish I had looked at this option years ago, I know it sound hard learning another language but you seem o be the studying type and you already have a European Passport (British) You would benifit from the sun, sea and sand and excellent countryside , also never really that far from the old UK should things not work out or should you wish to return home for any reason, Australia can feel isolated and a long way away.

All you would have to do is find a jobsite and apply for jobs , continental Europe has more appeal to me anyway good luck with all that you do in life.

Cheers
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:24 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

We had a dream of moving to Australia back in 2001. We got married in Sydney in 2004 and finally made the move in 2009, with 2 little kids in tow.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by coolshadows
We had a dream of moving to Australia back in 2001. We got married in Sydney in 2004 and finally made the move in 2009, with 2 little kids in tow.
Excellent,

I wish you and your young family all the best for the future.