Jaj

Default Re: London Skilled and Parents Visas to Move to Australia

But what about all the other visa office backlogs - eg Berlin,
Washington, Auckland etc,

Jeremy

>On Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:16:47 +0000, pleasancefamily wrote:
    >Originally posted by iancurtis:
    >> Yeah but surely the 50 weeks will be blown out of the water when all
    >> the London app's are transferred to Adelaide ?
    >Not exactly blown out of the water as only 1200 applications are being
    >transferred - which is a very low percentage of annual skilled
    >applications. It might add on a week or three.
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 8th 2002, 4:20 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaj:
But what about all the other visa office backlogs - eg Berlin,
Washington, Auckland etc,

Jeremy

Fair point, but they haven't been transferred yet. I guess with strategy of 100% Adelaide skilled processing soonest, DIMIA will be taking a hard look at how they can effectively end all non-Adelaide skilled visa work and will be approaching it on a 'size of the problem/ cost to implement' basis. Ie if an overseas DIMIA office has a clear quick end in sight for most/ all skilled processing, then not much point in transferring remaining cases to Adelaide. They would also presumably take into account the cost of ending contracts etc.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily:

Not exactly blown out of the water as only 1200 applications are being transferred - which is a very low percentage of annual skilled applications. It might add on a week or three.
How can you suggest 1200 apps going to adelaide will not flood them when london would take current times another 9 months at least to process whats left.By your 1-3 weeks comment if as suggested we should go to the top of the pile in adelaide,means we should all have our visas in the first month after being sent to adelaide.I think not!If they do manage it someone in london needs sacked
Old Oct 12th 2002, 3:09 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by jockney:
How can you suggest 1200 apps going to adelaide will not flood them when london would take current times another 9 months at least to process whats left.By your 1-3 weeks comment if as suggested we should go to the top of the pile in adelaide,means we should all have our visas in the first month after being sent to adelaide.I think not!If they do manage it someone in london needs sacked
You misunderstand me.

It's because the 1200 applications from London are just a small percentage of the (some - a rough guess based on target skilled visa outcome) 75000 skilled applications that Adelaide will process in a year. 2% of annual total? In other words, Adelaide processes 1500 skilled applications each and every week or so anyway. So 1200 extra apps won't flood the system, just delay later (than London lodgement times)applications by the time it takes to process the London backlog.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Still the logic doesn't stack up. It has taken Adelaide 10 months to process less than 3 months worth of applications received, based on that they are still on Feb 02. So if London apps go to them, it certainly will still take a while.

Sadly I applied Sept 01, still waiting...
Mash...

You misunderstand me.

It's because the 1200 applications from London are just a small percentage of the (some - a rough guess based on target skilled visa outcome) 75000 skilled applications that Adelaide will process in a year. 2% of annual total? In other words, Adelaide processes 1500 skilled applications each and every week or so anyway. So 1200 extra apps won't flood the system, just delay later (than London lodgement times)applications by the time it takes to process the London backlog.
Old Oct 13th 2002, 6:01 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by mashiraz:
Still the logic doesn't stack up. It has taken Adelaide 10 months to process less than 3 months worth of applications received, based on that they are still on Feb 02. So if London apps go to them, it certainly will still take a while.

Sadly I applied Sept 01, still waiting...
Mash...

But au contraire, if Adelaide's guidance is for typical process time of 50 weeks, then the fact they're processing Feb 02 might indicate they're ahead of schedule?

I guess with any new system / switchover, its only to be expected that they get the 'right' number of processing staff on the job and can give more reliable guidance after a year or so.
Old Oct 13th 2002, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh hum, I get it now... They realised they were processing them far too fast with too many staff, told them to work slower and laid some off.

That should do the trick..........
Mash...

PS Ever heard of under promise, over deliver??? They seem to have heard of the reverse...!

But au contraire, if Adelaide's guidance is for typical process time of 50 weeks, then the fact they're processing Feb 02 might indicate they're ahead of schedule?

I guess with any new system / switchover, its only to be expected that they get the 'right' number of processing staff on the job and can give more reliable guidance after a year or so.
Old Oct 17th 2002, 10:33 am
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: London Skilled and Parents Visas to Move to Australia

Originally posted by mashiraz:
Oh hum, I get it now... They realised they were processing them far too fast with too many staff, told them to work slower and laid some off.

That should do the trick..........
Mash...

PS Ever heard of under promise, over deliver??? They seem to have heard of the reverse...!

Thanks to reading this newsgroup - avidly!!! I was not too surprised this morning when a little white letter with Australian High Commission plastered all over it dropped onto my door mat!

Yes we are one of the lucky/unlucky ones to have our assessments passed over to Adelaide. Lets hope we have moved further up the pecking order - we applied Oct 2001!! Come on Adelaide.

Cheers everyone and good luck!

Simone