Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Local intake schools

Local intake schools

Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Local intake schools

Hi

I am looking at local primary schools for my children and from research understand that most schools are local intake only, so how do you know the boundaries for the intake? In other words if i find a school i like the sound of how do i know where i need to look at living, must it be in that suburb

Thanks for any advice
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Local intake schools

Which state are you looking at? The department of education & childrens services in SA have information on school zones so I would say the other states would have a similar thing?

http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/locs/pages...ing_Region_01/

Good Luck
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie30
Which state are you looking at? The department of education & childrens services in SA have information on school zones so I would say the other states would have a similar thing?

http://www.decs.sa.gov.au/locs/pages...ing_Region_01/

Good Luck
Sorry should have said looking at WA, thanks will have a look
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:35 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
Hi

I am looking at local primary schools for my children and from research understand that most schools are local intake only, so how do you know the boundaries for the intake? In other words if i find a school i like the sound of how do i know where i need to look at living, must it be in that suburb

Thanks for any advice
try here. select the school from this list and some of them will have intake maps. Not sure how old your kids are but consider high schools too. some of them here in Perth are not that flash and you need to consider that.

http://www2.eddept.wa.edu.au/schoolprofile/home.do
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
try here. select the school from this list and some of them will have intake maps. Not sure how old your kids are but consider high schools too. some of them here in Perth are not that flash and you need to consider that.

http://www2.eddept.wa.edu.au/schoolprofile/home.do
Thanks for that, will trawl through some names i have heard of! Apart from some of the results that they publish, how do you really know how good a school it though? We have lived in perth before so we know the good and bad areas, but we didnt have any dealings with schools so its all new to us. When we came back to the UK we obiviously knew the good and bad schools from growing up here. I dont go in for all the statistics, i prefer word of mouth and recommendations from people who know. We previously lived in the foothills in perth but have heard Kalamunda high school isnt very good so although our kids are only 7, 5 and 6 weeks we may consider settling somewhere else because as you mentioned we need to think about the high school for the future. I feel we really need to get it right first time around as we dont want to disrupt the kids yet again